Bell and Enunwa

In comparison to another, one of our most recent, talented receiver duos from 2008: Nate Swift and Todd Peterson combined 125 catches for 1,727 yards and 14 touchdowns. They played all 13 games that year.

So far through 2013, Bell and Enunwa have combined 43 catches for 537 yards and 9 touchdowns (through 5 games). Based on averages, as of right now and by the end of 13 games, they'll have ~112 catches, ~1,396 yards and ~23 touchdowns. We do run a different offense now that doesn't throw the ball as much, and we also have a better run game now, which will alter the statistics a bit.

That said, I can't remember the last time we had a deep threat like Kenny Bell or the sure-handed/fantastic downfield blocking skills of Enunwa. It's tough to quantify downfield blocking, but it's importance can't be understated.

If I had to choose between duos, I'd probably take Bell and Enunwa. Best ever? All things considered I think that's a fair statement to make.

Enunwa is playing at a very high level. We will miss him greatly next year.

Kenny Bell is awesome. He made some mistakes against SDSU that I wasn't expecting, but he is playing great.

I'd say best duo we've had when you consider what they bring as a tandem. Sure hands/big target, electric/deep threat, and both are great blockers.

Golf clap for Coach Fisher. He deserves it after all the sh*t he got when hired.

Golf clap for Coach Fisher. He deserves it after all the sh*t he got when hired.

Exceptional teachers are great teachers it is an art

Not all great football players are great coaches OR teachers

It doesnt matter how much you know or did, it matters what the kids know and can do

I once hired a really popular former DI guy- everyone was excited- he was an awful coach

I once hired a really great basketball coach, who had very little if any football experience BUT he was a great teacher had an open mind, student of the game, He ended up being a very good football coach

What he did in golf only enhances his ability to teach football

In fact teaching golf might be harder than teaching football in a lot of ways- lots of macro similarities

Critical success factors- check, determine them, not what a lot of people think they are and make sure those are nailed down with extreme passionate precision

Ability to communicate- break down and teach whatever it is you decide to teach

Ability to see and remediate tech problems

Find something every player excels at and build off of that

Accountabilty

Mental Game

Motivation

No doubt, very solid group

Far cry from the group that was consistently dropping the ball prior

If only we had a real quarterback to throw to them the past couple years...we coulda won state.

(before anyone gets bent out of shape, that was a joke. I like T-Mart.)

Appreciate the joke, but on the other side of it, I'll suggest that the Husker receiving corps of 2009 - 2011 was among the least reliable in Nebraska history. That was a low point for our offensive line, too, particularly in pass protection. I'm not convinced Taylor Martinez's throwing mechanics were really the problem there.