The "Name your new head coach" thread megamerge

Doesn't Tressel still have the no-approach clause?

Would have to be worked through. We could hire Frost for a 3 year contract and if it doesn't work out then Tressel and others would be available in 2017. I would make Shaw a $4-$5 million dollar man. I think his salary is currently $2.5 million. I like what Stanford does on the OL, TE's, and running game...sound defense too. Who would do this deal? Shaw for $4-$5 milliion? Peterson is at $1.7 million. I would offer him $4 million. We need to pull a serious hire showing we are here to win championships.

Oh, I agree that no doubt, we need an established name and proven winner and need to be willing to open the pocketbook. I really like Richt, especially since he knows the type of athletes needed to compete against the SEC, along with his Nebraska roots. I just still think Eichorst will attempt to get Golden first, due to his connection w/ him.

Golden will not be an option. What FSU will do to his Miami team alone will be enough to kill that talk.

No, Eichorst will make a call to Alvarez, and get some recommendations from him.

Would have to be worked through. We could hire Frost for a 3 year contract and if it doesn't work out then Tressel and others would be available in 2017. I would make Shaw a $4-$5 million dollar man. I think his salary is currently $2.5 million. I like what Stanford does on the OL, TE's, and running game...sound defense too. Who would do this deal? Shaw for $4-$5 milliion? Peterson is at $1.7 million. I would offer him $4 million. We need to pull a serious hire showing we are here to win championships.

Oh, I agree that no doubt, we need an established name and proven winner and need to be willing to open the pocketbook. I really like Richt, especially since he knows the type of athletes needed to compete against the SEC, along with his Nebraska roots. I just still think Eichorst will attempt to get Golden first, due to his connection w/ him.

Shaw is at the top of my list. Not sure how possible it is to get him but watching Stanford play is the way that football should be played.

I want to know why it is such a problem thinking this could be a possibility. You can make only so much money in one life and since hes already a millionare maybe he would like another challange. Alabama was a perenial program he could possibly would want the challange. dont think just because hes won at alabama that thats where he wants to retire. sh#t he could retire now a very wealthy man, so whats he in it for then.

U

Shaw is at the top of my list. Not sure how possible it is to get him but watching Stanford play is the way that football should be played.

Absolutely agree on Shaw. But he loves Stanford.

I'd be willing to roll the dice on Greg Roman, same coaching tree, and could want free of the spoiled Niner fans out here.

I'm not sure that Golden would really be an upgrade. He did a great job at Temple, but living in ACC country, I've not been overly impressed with what he has done at Miami. Yes, I know he has Miami undefeated and ranked in the top 10. But his first couple of seasons were filled with flat and uninspired play. This season they returned virtually EVERYONE (close to 20 starters). Despite all the experience and talent they have struggled beating a probation plagued 1-4 UNC and came within a hair of losing at home to Wake Forest. Minnesota is better than Wake. Miami is about to get exposed Saturday. My expectation is that Miami will slide back into the 7-5/8-4 range after this season.

I wonder what TO thinks of the hire in hindsight? Thinking back on it....man....majority of fans wanted Bo, TO delivered and it just sucks it's come to this.....

I know it's blasphemy to call out Osborne, but he's culpable in this. If he was a strong AD he would have guided Bo along better and insisted he hired Coordinators with an actual track record. Osborne was much too hands-off during all of this.

I haven't read the entire thread and I know it's another "who knows" hire, but what's the feeling about Pat Narduzzi? The Michigan State defensive coordinator................is he the genius behind their stellar defenses or is that on D'Antonio?

No more coordinators. This is not a learn on the job place.

Yes, that includes Frost.

We should be hiring an experienced head coach who will bring in experienced coordinators.

I haven't read the entire thread and I know it's another "who knows" hire, but what's the feeling about Pat Narduzzi? The Michigan State defensive coordinator................is he the genius behind their stellar defenses or is that on D'Antonio?

No more coordinators. This is not a learn on the job place.

Yes, that includes Frost.

We should be hiring an experienced head coach who will bring in experienced coordinators.

I'd love to hire a guy with a proven track record as a HC even if that means he's a little known Div II coach with a solid system, a willingness to put a full-scale effort into recruiting, and talented assistants that are willing to come with him as a package I'm all for it.