The "Name your new head coach" thread megamerge

There's Alabama and there's everybody else, huh? That is ridiculous. Last time I checked, Florida, LSU, and Auburn have won NCs in that span, not just Bama.

You desperately need to go back through when we discussed how overrated the SEC is. As much as they want to puff out their chest, they are not any better than anyone else this year and the gap has been closing the last 2-3 seasons.

I haven't read this entire thread (it's getting rather long), so this might have been mentioned earlier, but with USC looking for a coach and Texas possibly looking for a coach, NU won't look all that exciting to the big names out there in coaching land.

That's all, carry on.

This bothers me. I would rather not compete for a great coach.

I haven't read this entire thread (it's getting rather long), so this might have been mentioned earlier, but with USC looking for a coach and Texas possibly looking for a coach, NU won't look all that exciting to the big names out there in coaching land.

That's all, carry on.

This bothers me. I would rather not compete for a great coach.

That is pretty dumb. 1. You don't think there will be any job openings next year? 2. Whatever coaches take the USC/Texas jobs this year are not going to move to NU next year, so either way we don't get them. If we are making a change, do it now. If the prospective coach isn't in love with NU, we don't need them anyway.