The "Name your new head coach" thread megamerge

I personally think it'll be Al Golden, despite what others have said. Losing to NC contender FSU this year is nothing to be ashamed of.

Why leave Miami when he can easily recruit down there plus the benefit of nice weather. Miami has just as much tradition/history as NU maybe just not as strong a fan base... I don't see Golden coming to NU. He's already sort of brought Miami back from the pits... NU would be considered a lateral move to him IMO. And I may be wrong but Eichorst had nothing to do w/ Golden down there (his hiring anyway.)

If Bo is fired/resigns, the hiring of Eichorst tells me the next HC will have no ties to Nebraska. This hire will need to be a bigger splash than Callahan/Pelini combined. We have to be willing to put $4 mil on the line that would put the next HC in the top 10 of highest paid coaches. Petersen comes to mind but with Texas looking for a HC, USC, heck if Saban leaves Alabama who is to say Petersen wouldn't be approached by Alabama?

If anything, we can hope the timing will be perfect and all those schools get the coaches they want and some big name coach becomes available and what do you know, the one big head coaching gig available in college football? The opening at NU and we snag him. Of course my dream scenario would be Chip Kelly stays with Philadelphia then abruptly resigns to run to NU.

If Bo is fired/resigns, the hiring of Eichorst tells me the next HC will have no ties to Nebraska. This hire will need to be a bigger splash than Callahan/Pelini combined. We have to be willing to put $4 mil on the line that would put the next HC in the top 10 of highest paid coaches. Petersen comes to mind but with Texas looking for a HC, USC, heck if Saban leaves Alabama who is to say Petersen wouldn't be approached by Alabama?

If anything, we can hope the timing will be perfect and all those schools get the coaches they want and some big name coach becomes available and what do you know, the one big head coaching gig available in college football? The opening at NU and we snag him. Of course my dream scenario would be Chip Kelly stays with Philadelphia then abruptly resigns to run to NU.

Pull a Petrino. I don't think hed make it out of Philly alive.

Head coaching experience, no HC experience. Neither is a sign of success or failure. I'm of the mind that a guy as the 'it' quality or he doesnt, and no amount of learning on a job will make a difference. Fit is also a critical aspect. Just having been a HC before means little. Maybe the best fit has that experience, maybe not.

• Fire 2

Pull a Petrino. I don't think hed make it out of Philly alive.

Coming from Philly, there is a better chance of Desean Jackson doing this than Chip.

You guys think Richt is unattainable, but you mention guys like Lovie Smith and Dungy and Herm? Heck, why not add Cowher and Tomlin to the mix while you're at it.

All those names are unrealistic...

Including Petersen, Fitzgerald, and the easter bunny...

I don't think Petersen is too unrealistic.

Boise is struggling.

Do the people that want Al Golden realize he is 46-45 as a coach. If it wasn't for a good start this year he has a losing record.

Tressell is 61 and has left two former schools with NCAA troubles.

Richt is no better than Pelini. Multiple losses almost every year and gets blown out on occasion.

I'd rather have a young coach who plans on staying a long time. Any of these guys get hired and we'll be creating this topic again in a few years.