Im disgusted

Redux

'The Greatest Fans In College Football' were the greatest fans...before the internet. Now, you can go on a drunken rampage after a bad loss and say whatever the hell you want. I'll throw myself under the bus on that one in the past. But I truly believe that most Husker fans support the players. Who cares about the coaches, they get paid huge money, and if they f up, it's on them for not recruiting/coaching/developing. It's NOT ON THE PLAYERS. If they're not playing well enough, it's on the coaches to bench them and find someone that will.

And for the record, twitter just needs to rot in hell, at least from an amateur player standpoint. It allows absolutely anyone to poison the mind of these athletes. These are NOT just a few Husker fans. These are opponents' fans and trolls out to try to dismantle people's lives, and that ain't right.

I still think tweeting directly to a coach is wrong. The only reason they have them is for recruiting purposes. There were some downright nasty things tweeted at Bo yesterday. Cosgrovian threats.

Vent to your wife, kids, friends, this board. Players and coaches are not obligated to read huskerboard.com. If they do, its on them. But when you tweet at someone, it goes directly to their e-mail so theres not much you can do to block it out. Unless you delete the account, but like I said, they have accounts for recruiting purposes.

The problem may be that anyone thinks the "greatest fans" moniker means anything or actually applies to any whole fan base. There are some great fans in our fanbase but you cannot apply that tag collectively to any fanbase. Sorry but "we" are not the greatest fans in cfb. It only takes one a-hole to ruin it and we have way more than that. It's really a bad premise to base any worthwhile point on. It is so obvious that I do not feel any need to explain it or apologize for it. There are dicks out there. Anybody who doesn't realize this and can't recognize that "generally" we are a good fanbase, is probably just as much of a problem.

• Fire 1

I'm sorry, and with all due respect, but if Bo and Kenny Bell let a few idiots on twitter pursuade their opinion of a fanbase consisting of literally millions, then it's time for them to move on. I know it's a dissappointing situation, but if you dont realize that it's the real world and have a perspective that those people are out there, no matter where you go, then there's no hope for you. i would think they understand though.

• Fire 1

I'm sorry, and with all due respect, but if Bo and Kenny Bell let a few idiots on twitter pursuade their opinion of a fanbase consisting of literally millions, then it's time for them to move on. I know it's a dissappointing situation, but if you dont realize that it's the real world and have a perspective that those people are out there, no matter where you go, then there's no hope for you. i would think they understand though.

I would hope that they would be more angry to have lost to Minny than some a-hole ripping them one on twitter. Again, there are a million + Husker fans and a few tweet and we are all bad..........

I do not agree with sending them threatening tweets. That is BS. I also think that the way Bo views the fan base, I am shocked he even cares at all.

I would hope that they would be more angry to have lost to Minny than some a-hole ripping them one on twitter. Again, there are a million + Husker fans and a few tweet and we are all bad..........

I do not agree with sending them threatening tweets. That is BS. I also think that the way Bo views the fan base, I am shocked he even cares at all.

Kenny Bell@AFRO_THUNDER80 17h

Tonight was the first night that I have been truly bothered by the hateful comments by people. That being said....

Doesn't really sound angry. More defeated or upset then anything.

It takes a lifetime of good deeds to build a reputation. It only takes one bad one to ruin it (saw that quote yesterday in the TB drive-thru :lol: )

That's pretty much a perfect statement.

Kenny Bell@AFRO_THUNDER80 17h

Tonight was the first night that I have been truly bothered by the hateful comments by people. That being said....

Doesn't really sound angry. More defeated or upset then anything.

It takes a lifetime of good deeds to build a reputation. It only takes one bad one to ruin it (saw that quote yesterday in the TB drive-thru :lol: )

I read Kenny's comments as he was disturbed by the hateful comments of a few dozen people proclaiming themselves as husker fans. And I can understand, I was upset with some of those comments.

Just read Kenny Bells twitter and you'll see the damage "the greatest fans in college football" are doing to the players. Makes me wanna puke.

I support Kenny Bell. And the players. I'm gonna keep enjoying Nebraska football games and supporting the players regardless of what happens.

However. Come on Kenny.. You gotta get off twitter, or grow up.

You say things like "I'm a grown man. And I signed up for a game where I know the consequences."

Oh really? Then why are you throwing a 140 character tizzy about fans being harsh when you let touchdown passes fly through your hands in the endzone? What do you expect? You're a grown man. You know the consequences of the game. You should certainly know, as a grown man, that if you don't perform to the best of your ability, negativity is going to follow. That's part of life. And certainly part of football. Time to take some criticism to heart and get better.

• Fire 3

This place isn't nearly as bad as huskersonline, especially the free board. That place can be a flat-out cesspool, won't go there after a rough game. I do think it negatively affects recruiting and player perception of fans. Sad part is they're the same ones that bitch about the recruiting they damage.

Amazing that TO was able to recruit without this 'twitter' thing. T_O_B

Was the internet even invented when he was coaching?

Amazing that TO was able to recruit without this 'twitter' thing. T_O_B

Was the internet even invented when he was coaching?

Uh. Yes.

Every program has fans who bitch after losses. To think these boards sway recruits' minds sounds self important. Even if these boards did sway the feelings of recruits, the boards would still rank below things like coaches, location, education, chance of winning titles, TV appearances, etc.

Somebody tweet to KB that winning cures all ills.

The problem may be that anyone thinks the "greatest fans" moniker means anything or actually applies to any whole fan base. There are some great fans in our fanbase but you cannot apply that tag collectively to any fanbase. Sorry but "we" are not the greatest fans in cfb. It only takes one a-hole to ruin it and we have way more than that. It's really a bad premise to base any worthwhile point on. It is so obvious that I do not feel any need to explain it or apologize for it. There are dicks out there. Anybody who doesn't realize this and can't recognize that "generally" we are a good fanbase, is probably just as much of a problem.

Thank you, not to mention how badly the coaches famlies were treated the last time we went through this in 2007. I would have hoped that it would have been better this time around, but apperently not.