Per Press Conference with Bo: As of today, Tommy is starting

Unless Taylor suffered that hip pointer on the last play, WHERE WAS ARMSTRONG?!?!?

Beyond frustrated by this. WTH?

That's exactly what I was thinking. Not healthy enough to practice the day after the game both this week and after UCLA but healthy enough to play every snap.

agree, Bo has sh#t the bed on trust........

I wish some of you guys would go watch the tape and tell me what quarterback we have on the roster would've done any better with that same play calling and sh#t ass line play. Not one. Hell, if it weren't for Martinez's long run we probably wouldn't have scored again.

What's the point of playing a hurt QB? Especially when his injury takes away the only part of his game defensive coaches fear.

I wish some of you guys would go watch the tape and tell me what quarterback we have on the roster would've done any better with that same play calling and sh#t ass line play. Not one. Hell, if it weren't for Martinez's long run we probably wouldn't have scored again.

This is a good point. That line was a sieve all game, and Taylor made several scrambles that saved sacks.

But those were on passing plays. On run plays we repeatedly gashed that team. So why the hell didn't we run the ball more?

• Fire 1

Lots of stuff coming out of that presser. Some more good bits:

@mitchsherman

Bo: "You're going to see some new guys" against Northwestern this week. Mentions Rose, Banderas.

@mitchsherman

If Nebraska played today, Armstrong would start at QB.

@HailVarsity

Pelini says if #Huskers played today Armstrong would start, Kellogg filling in. Martinez suffered hip pointer, didn't practice Sun.

I hope Thad Randle starts. We need him badly.

@GrantMuessel

The hip pointer shouldn't affect his status for long though. Taylor played through it Saturday. #Huskers

@ESPN_BigTen

Pelini says Martinez looked him in eye and said he was ready to go. At some point, have to let him try. Had numerous conversations about it.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

He played through the hip pointer?

Imma flip my sh#t in about two seconds.

Cripes...........

This sh#t is sickening........

The poor kid is going to seriously injure himself.......

You want him ready for the NFL? Don't play him.........

TM will never play a down on Sundays....all he has to offer is straight line speed....one tangible asset won't get his ticket punched.

I have to believe that a healthy QB that has starting/playing experience would give you a better chance than a hurt one. But that's just me.

Yes the defense was bad but the Huskers "prolific offense" managed only 13 points after the first quarter. That is saying something.

• Fire 1

The offensive gameplay and calls would have been completely different. Minnesota knew Martinez was hampered and wouldnt be able to take off liek he really can. There was no need to shadow Martinez or worry about his running. They sat back, played coverage and let thier front 4 guys go after Martinez. Martinez couldn't beat the coverage. RKII could have, and TA would have used his legs to make more plays. I couldnt count on my hands the number fo times Martinez could have ran and picked up 5 or 6 yards at least on broke passing plays.

To say Martinez didnt hamper this offense in the least is ignorant as crap.

• Fire 8

What's the point of playing a hurt QB? Especially when his injury takes away the only part of his game defensive coaches fear.

I get what you're saying, but I think this may have more to do with Taylor being adamant that he is good to go then Bo just wanting to throw him out there. Bo started backups in two big ten games, one which was away. I dont think he would have hesitated against minnesota if he knew that Taylor wasn't ready to go. There's a lot of smoke and mirrors with it. And how do we know that Taylor even made Bo aware that he had a hip pointer in the game? We already know Taylor has the tendency to try and win the game by himself, yet everyone seems to think that Taylor just went up to Bo and said "hey, my hip hurts, pull me." I really doubt Bo knew during the course of the game. Or if anyone did, for that matter.