Ameer Abdullah, best RB in the B1G

I really think Abdullah and Gordon are 1 and 1a. There really isn't a lot separating them. Gordon is I think #6 in the NCAA and AA is #7. Both great backs. Too bad we don't get to see them on the same field this year.

I would agree with this, but what I don't understand is why Gordon gets so much more pub than Abdullah. Abdullah has had the quietest 1000 yards this season of any backs. I just don't understand why he seems to be overlooked.

I really think Abdullah and Gordon are 1 and 1a. There really isn't a lot separating them. Gordon is I think #6 in the NCAA and AA is #7. Both great backs. Too bad we don't get to see them on the same field this year.

I would agree with this, but what I don't understand is why Gordon gets so much more pub than Abdullah. Abdullah has had the quietest 1000 yards this season of any backs. I just don't understand why he seems to be overlooked.

I think it's more of what ALL 3 RB's did to start the year. I think they all had 100 yds rushing in the first 3 to 4 games. Plus it seems like Gordon has been there forever. This is AA's first year as undisputed starter so maybe its that too.

Right now, I don't mind him being under the radar. Let him have a big game against one of the next 4 opponents and people will take notice.

Oh dare I say it....Gordon is on a better team

Just guessing, I think he has 3 or 4 touchdowns for 60 to 70 yards. He has breakaway speed with the power. I don't think anyone has caught him when he has a little daylight. Still, I like what Ameer has done. He has played very well.

Watching Ameer play his freshman year, I said he would never be the featured running back at Nebraska. A great return man, but he didn't read the line well, and went down too easy on contact.

Obviously he worked on his game. Really hard. Maybe even to a higher standard than his fellow players. Sure made a believer out of me.

And Newby is better right now than Ameer was as a freshman.

Nobody likes fumbles, and I know Ameer has this rap, but I can't find the numbers on him. Does he average more fumbles per carry than most featured backs?

Watching Ameer play his freshman year, I said he would never be the featured running back at Nebraska. A great return man, but he didn't read the line well, and went down too easy on contact.

Obviously he worked on his game. Really hard. Maybe even to a higher standard than his fellow players. Sure made a believer out of me.

And Newby is better right now than Ameer was as a freshman.

Nobody likes fumbles, and I know Ameer has this rap, but I can't find the numbers on him. Does he average more fumbles per carry than most featured backs?

I don't know the per carry numbers, but Ameer's fumbles have come at the most costly times and the most costly positions on the field. On the one inch line against South Carolina when we were taking it to them and that first possession of the second half of the Georgia game are the two that stand out the worst. I think he also had one on the first second half drive against UCLA, but there have been a large number of them.

Because the numbers he'd bee putting up without James white would probably be astronomical. And as huskerfan92 started, he's on a beret team. Also one must consider the massive threat Gordon presents with the homerun as addison mode mentioned which is very much a thought every time he touches the ball

I think it's more of what ALL 3 RB's did to start the year. I think they all had 100 yds rushing in the first 3 to 4 games. Plus it seems like Gordon has been there forever. This is AA's first year as undisputed starter so maybe its that too.

Gordon has been there forever? I don't know. Last season Ameer had a 1000+ yards season and Gordon, while a really great back, was buried most of the year on the depth chart behind Ball and White. Don't think Gordon has been longer a well-known RB..

I think Gordon's 200+ yards on limited carries against Nebraska in the B10 championship started building some hype. He also had a huge game against Arizona State early in the year. Plus Wisconsin running backs always seem to get a lot of pub. Along with o-lineman, it's what the team is known for.

As for B10 RB rankings, I'd put Abdullah alongside Hyde at 2a and 2b. In terms of NFL potential, I think both Hyde and Gordon will be drafted pretty early when compared to Abdullah. Hyde's a legit 235 and has extremely quick feet. Gordon reminds me of Darren McFadden but without the super-elite top gear.