Kellogg, Armstrong aim to 'light fire' among teammates

Shouldn't TA and RK have been pumping up the team all along whether they are playing or not? I'm glad they want to do this but why wasn't this going on all along? I long to see the players get into each others faces when they aren't playing up to par. I haven't see that in a long time. I'm with some of the others on the board: I miss angry Bo. I liked it when he got into players faces because they were challenged and they went out and played better. I miss Nebraska smash mouth football.

I hope TA and RK do what they say they're going to do BUT if we win this game with them I'm going to be mad because that means we probably would've won with them had they played against Minnesota. (Actually, I'll be really happy and relieved if we win this game but to be truthful I'm not holding my breath. :( )

when TM was playing...you can't upstage the qb that is in the game...Pelini would sh#t his pants.

I am seriously so damn excited to see TA out there again. I haven't been this confident in a Husker QB since Joe Ganz, and it was quite a bit of time before we finally got around to Ganz playing. TA is a leader, and he is damn talented. I am truly buying into this talk of TA and RK bringing the entire teams level of play up. I expect a convincing victory this Saturday. Why do I do this to myself?

Although I think TA or Kellogg will probably both win us some games simply because they fit Becks pass happy offense,

I don't think Beck's offense will be pass happy with TA/RK in there. We'll have a run heavy, play-action identity. Which really suits us. Especially with those guys that can really wing it down field.

Edit, unless of course we fall behind. Then all bets are off, and I think we'll see a lot of Kellogg in those situations.

I don't have the stats but honestly it felt like we threw almost as much as the average of our first three games that Taylor was in. Now the Minnesota game, we just went stupid with the pass and I pray we stick more with what you said, run heavy, then play action. Let me be in record saying this though. If we didn't throw as much as our average of the first three games when Taylor was in, I still feel that TA and RK could and will easily run an effective passing game if it comes to it.

Bye Bye Big XII broke down the numbers.

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/67317-what-is-the-difference-nebraska-in-wins-and-nebraska-in-losses/

Although I think TA or Kellogg will probably both win us some games simply because they fit Becks pass happy offense,

I don't think Beck's offense will be pass happy with TA/RK in there. We'll have a run heavy, play-action identity. Which really suits us. Especially with those guys that can really wing it down field.

Edit, unless of course we fall behind. Then all bets are off, and I think we'll see a lot of Kellogg in those situations.

I don't have the stats but honestly it felt like we threw almost as much as the average of our first three games that Taylor was in. Now the Minnesota game, we just went stupid with the pass and I pray we stick more with what you said, run heavy, then play action. Let me be in record saying this though. If we didn't throw as much as our average of the first three games when Taylor was in, I still feel that TA and RK could and will easily run an effective passing game if it comes to it.

Bye Bye Big XII broke down the numbers.

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/67317-what-is-the-difference-nebraska-in-wins-and-nebraska-in-losses/

So it actually turns out I was pretty spot on.

Now if the whole team comes right back out guns a blazin, and win 35-10ish, then......................

beat Michigan and Michigan State then have a bad loss to Penn State or Iowa. Sounds like husker football to me! In the past couple years I've really started to follow husker football and this is what seems happens. We play really well then take about 10 steps back in a game we shouldn't.

http://www.omaha.com...among-teammates

So in step Kellogg and Armstrong, who are expected to share the workload Saturday. And they plan to bring as much positive energy as possible. To "light a fire" among their teammates or to "pick them up" whenever possible, Kellogg said.

"Whatever I can do myself and Tommy to get the team riled up, excited to play and come out to practice," Kellogg said.

I just want a close team, a (close)-knit community," Kellogg said. "I just want everybody focused on the job, and that's getting a victory against Northwestern this weekend."

I'm glad to hear that....they both seem like good guys and capable leaders.

I forget the game, but was one that TA started. The other team scored and TA walked to the defenders and said "its ok we'll get this back". I liked it then and I like it now.

Believe that it was the South Dakota State game.

It was the Illinois game.

Fair enough, I thought I could be wrong. I was thinking it came when we scored the opening drive against SDSU and they turned around and Zenner ran for about 40 yard touchdown up the middle on their first possession. Thanks for giving him the correct info though :)

I am seriously so damn excited to see TA out there again. I haven't been this confident in a Husker QB since Joe Ganz, and it was quite a bit of time before we finally got around to Ganz playing. TA is a leader, and he is damn talented. I am truly buying into this talk of TA and RK bringing the entire teams level of play up. I expect a convincing victory this Saturday. Why do I do this to myself?

I agree. I just have that feeling. 34-10ish. Mark it.

I just cant get over the way the team came out and played on Saturday after 3 weeks of stead progress and effort. I've read so many things that the qb position doest affect the defense and so, but in reality it does. The QB position in the game of football affects EVERYONE.

Again, Taylor is the blame, not the fact that his head coach said he would not play unless 100%. Not the fact that the kid practiced in front of him for a week, not the fact that it was clearly visible that the kid was not near 100%. And yet the kid crippled, hobbled and still plays the whole game. It must be the same vision that we hear all summer about how we really like this team. Progressing. Possibly the man in charge has a severe vision problem. Blame the kid that is out there giving everything he has, pain in every single step, every single throw, yea it is his fault that the staff is not capable of knowing he is hurt. Or as a reversal of a previous ignorant post, maybe Bo is using him as a scapegoat, keeping the heat off of him. These posts indicate it is working.

I am hoping Ron or Tommy have a great game, and play the best they ever have, because we are going to need it.

I'm serious....all we need is a leader on this team. That is what is lacking. Someone to get the guys fired up. On the sideline, it's like 1-800 pin drop. Crazy. I watched FSU last week, big play after big play, the sideline was all amped up.

As far as the Pelini and his brother....that's right I combined posts.....they are looking and acting more like the Peter brothers.

If your senior 3rd string QB and a redshirt freshman QB are having to 'fire up' teammates, then there's problems on the team that the coaching staff will never be able to fix.

Nope. They're just taking on the leadership mantle as any QBs who start a game should. Good for them.

One of Tommy's best traits that they've been talking about since his recruiting days was his leadership. So this is really promising to see.