Kellogg, Armstrong aim to 'light fire' among teammates

.....................it won't count because it's Northwestern.

So spot on. That's exactly what they'll say.

You are correct --- that is what people here will say... and they will be justified in saying it too. The point is Northwestern is the caliber team whereby victory against them is comparatively meaningless (as they are so weak) but defeat against them is horrible (because they are so weak). Just like Minnesota. And Iowa.

These games are simply like those against teams like SDSU, Illinois, Wyoming, Southern Miss... victory against these types of teams show little. But losses to such teams show much. That is the curse of an easy schedule.

It will not be until Michigan and MSU --- both decent teams --- that a victory can be meaningful.

Of course... lets get a victory anyway.

What does Taylor aim to do during the game?

Use Der Wiener Schlinger to shoot 'Turf Toe Awareness' bracelets at the drunk co-eds in the stands?

You are correct --- that is what people here will say... and they will be justified in saying it too. The point is Northwestern is the caliber team whereby victory against them is comparatively meaningless (as they are so weak) but defeat against them is horrible (because they are so weak). Just like Minnesota. And Iowa. These games are simply like those against teams like SDSU, Illinois, Wyoming, Southern Miss... victory against these types of teams show little. But losses to such teams show much. That is the curse of an easy schedule. It will not be until Michigan and MSU --- both decent teams --- that a victory can be meaningful. Of course... lets get a victory anyway.

Last I checked, we have to win out to get into the B1G Title Game. *EVERY* game means something from here on out.

• Fire 4

This team doesn't only need to win, they also need to prove that we belong. This is a very good start to this and I am glad to hear this because I don't think the QB before was doing any of that and it hurts the team. I am not trying to bash Martinez, but he just isn't the type of leader that RK and TA have proven to be. You can hear it in their voice when they speak they are passionate and decisive they are not hesitant and don't seem to cower away. It's kind of funny when you think about it because all three of them, their play seems to reflect their actions and comments in interviews.

Although I think TA or Kellogg will probably both win us some games simply because they fit Becks pass happy offense,

I don't think Beck's offense will be pass happy with TA/RK in there. We'll have a run heavy, play-action identity. Which really suits us. Especially with those guys that can really wing it down field.

Edit, unless of course we fall behind. Then all bets are off, and I think we'll see a lot of Kellogg in those situations.

Ya, I like Beck's playcalling with TA/RK in more.

Plus they may provide a spark and more cohesion. I think some weren't happy TM was playing and while they obviously shouldn't have let it affect their play I'd say it did.

You are correct --- that is what people here will say... and they will be justified in saying it too. The point is Northwestern is the caliber team whereby victory against them is comparatively meaningless (as they are so weak) but defeat against them is horrible (because they are so weak). Just like Minnesota. And Iowa.

These games are simply like those against teams like SDSU, Illinois, Wyoming, Southern Miss... victory against these types of teams show little. But losses to such teams show much. That is the curse of an easy schedule.

It will not be until Michigan and MSU --- both decent teams --- that a victory can be meaningful.

Of course... lets get a victory anyway.

Ha, at this point every victory is meaningful. As for your point a weak victory over Northwestern, I'm not sure what team you have been watching but we should be thankful for any victory here on out. I'll take your so called weak victory over Nirthwestern over a weak ass loss against Minnesota.

I forget the game, but was one that TA started. The other team scored and TA walked to the defenders and said "its ok we'll get this back". I liked it then and I like it now.

Believe that it was the South Dakota State game.

It was the Illinois game.

Although I think TA or Kellogg will probably both win us some games simply because they fit Becks pass happy offense,

I don't think Beck's offense will be pass happy with TA/RK in there. We'll have a run heavy, play-action identity. Which really suits us. Especially with those guys that can really wing it down field.

Edit, unless of course we fall behind. Then all bets are off, and I think we'll see a lot of Kellogg in those situations.

I don't have the stats but honestly it felt like we threw almost as much as the average of our first three games that Taylor was in. Now the Minnesota game, we just went stupid with the pass and I pray we stick more with what you said, run heavy, then play action. Let me be in record saying this though. If we didn't throw as much as our average of the first three games when Taylor was in, I still feel that TA and RK could and will easily run an effective passing game if it comes to it.

Shouldn't TA and RK have been pumping up the team all along whether they are playing or not? I'm glad they want to do this but why wasn't this going on all along? I long to see the players get into each others faces when they aren't playing up to par. I haven't see that in a long time. I'm with some of the others on the board: I miss angry Bo. I liked it when he got into players faces because they were challenged and they went out and played better. I miss Nebraska smash mouth football.

I hope TA and RK do what they say they're going to do BUT if we win this game with them I'm going to be mad because that means we probably would've won with them had they played against Minnesota. (Actually, I'll be really happy and relieved if we win this game but to be truthful I'm not holding my breath. :( )