Ever think Martinez is the problem

We come out with a good game plan. Both Martinez and Armstrong execute it well. Then the defenses adjust and we don't.

I think you're dealing with a pretty small sample size. It was almost the opposite last year. Against Wisconsin, Northwestern, Michigan, Penn St. and Iowa we scored more points in the second half.

Yeah, I was trying to take samples that involved both Martinez and Armstrong. But it is weird how we can only put together one good half either way. Last season was nearly legendary for those crazy second half rallies, but they came after utterly horrible first halves, where the offense was just bizarrely out-of-synch week after week. This team keeps getting wake-up calls, only to hit the snooze button.

And as I remember those second half rallies last year, I can't recall the strategy or adjustment other than Martinez Plays Out of His Mind.

Wow, so to get True'a panties in a bunch you just have to throw out a Cody Green reference/joke. Noted.

Remind him that Taylor was indeed crucified at times as a frosh andsophomore for his passing game and decisions, while giving TA a pass due to inexperience is fairly oxymoronic. Noted.

To this point in both of their careers, TA has more experience practicing at QB in our system, and continuity on the offensive staff. TM played better at QB his freshman year this far than TA currently is. I've said all along that I think TA has a higher ceiling than TM, but I don't like the idea that we have a freshman taking snaps in the Big House this week.

Especially a freshman that is interception prone. I would much prefer Martinez playing this weekend if he was healthy, I just do not think he is going to be the rest of the year.

So Tommy needs to play his best, Beck needs to understand that he is a freshman, throws picks, and tries to protect him with Ameer. He needs all the confidence he can gain this week, the following is going to be much tougher for him for sure.

It is easy to say one has a higher potential level than the other, but we have not seen a change in OC's, we have not seen Tommy play with the injuries that Taylor has played through, by a coaching staff that refused to set him under any circumstance. I hope we never see what has been done to Taylor by this staff and our great fans. Very few kids could have done it. Who knows if Tommy has that type of fight. I hope we do not have to find out.

Tommy is the starter, and I support him 100%. I just find it sad that a kid that has given everything he has is continuously beaten up by bunch of internet know it alls.

Especially a freshman that is interception prone. I would much prefer Martinez playing this weekend if he was healthy, I just do not think he is going to be the rest of the year.

So Tommy needs to play his best, Beck needs to understand that he is a freshman, throws picks, and tries to protect him with Ameer. He needs all the confidence he can gain this week, the following is going to be much tougher for him for sure.

It is easy to say one has a higher potential level than the other, but we have not seen a change in OC's, we have not seen Tommy play with the injuries that Taylor has played through, by a coaching staff that refused to set him under any circumstance. I hope we never see what has been done to Taylor by this staff and our great fans. Very few kids could have done it. Who knows if Tommy has that type of fight. I hope we do not have to find out.

Tommy is the starter, and I support him 100%. I just find it sad that a kid that has given everything he has is continuously beaten up by bunch of internet know it alls.

.... Didn't TM get benched against Texas?

What does that have to do with what I said. This staff has put him on the field when they new damned well he was hurt and could barely walk. They did it again at Minnesota and most of his Freshman year. We have a medical staff, trained coaches, you do not take a kids word that he is okay. You know he is or isn't, if you don't, your not doing your job.

Taylor did get benched against Texas. Bo later said it was a mistake and it basically didn't happen again. We've played clearly injured Martinez (to our detriment, I'd argue...) several times since then, including against Minnesota. But I don't think the staff is blind. They know what they have in Tommy, and if they didn't feel good about his skillset and his composure, while understanding his weaknesses and limitations, I'm pretty sure they would be throwing 70% Taylor out on the field.

Ok? Does Cody Green still play for Nebraska? Nope, but if he was our starting QB I would root for him. I hope at some point you began to grasp that Taylor graduates this year and Tommy Armstrong will likely be our starting Qb for awhile. It seems like you don't even want to root for the kid. At least that's what I gather from your Cody Green comment.

:tv

We will all be rooting for TA but we will all be shocked if he plays without making alot of mistakes ie INTs. NW in Lincoln was rougher than it needed to be, so Michigan i Ann Arbor could get ugly. However if TA practiced his ass off like I assume he has this week we may get by. Just hope the image of throwing that last pick with 2:30 left isnt still haunting him. Were behind ya Tommy, stay focused and take it to these a$$hole$.