Ever think Martinez is the problem

I'll be shocked if Tommy throws 3 ints against Michigan.

I think he'll respond well to the challenge. Beck too.

And since Michigan's qb and offense are schizo turnover machines, our D has a fighting chance.

Really think Beck's game plan will shine. He has that head scratching game and then comes back with one that makes me think he can actually call a good game. I expect to see a A LOT of option, 2 back sets and much more running the ball. eat the clock, lean on their DL and don't expect the world from our seriously depleted OL. Let them push and get holes opened for AA and Co. Long is back which is good. Zo and Burch stepped up last week as well. Get the ball to the play makers in space and when throwing, do low risk, high percentage passes. Pull a Bo and ask the O what they feel comfortable with. I would also like to see some designed receiver runs. Don't lean on TA's arm, lean on our guys legs.

I don't think we have high percentage throws with Tommy, because Tommy's not slicing apart zone coverages with his mind yet. That's how you get high percentage throws....

Either that or we could throw a lot of screens but those don't tend to go for great yardage (at least we have no reason to suspect it'll be a huge difference maker for us this year), don't set up or feed off of much else in the offense, and certainly don't make defenses back up their safeties.

It's a calculated risk but it's what we have to live with: run the ball and hit 'em deep. We can't rely on probably either of our quarterbacks for high percentage throws in obvious passing situations, though Kellogg has a big leg up in that department.

• 4 weeks later...

2-2 with Taylor, 6-2 without. Turnovers would of been the same with Taylor, add more fumbles, subtract some interceptions. No ability to run still at 70%. I think we end up with the same record with injured Taylor or possibly one more loss.

We had five turnovers while Martinez was in the game this year - 1.25 per game. We had 23 turnovers the rest of the time - 2.9 per game. Good try though.

2-2 with Taylor, 6-2 without. Turnovers would of been the same with Taylor, add more fumbles, subtract some interceptions. No ability to run still at 70%. I think we end up with the same record with injured Taylor or possibly one more loss.

We had five turnovers while Martinez was in the game this year - 1.25 per game. We had 23 turnovers the rest of the time - 2.9 per game. Good try though.

In 2012 the team had 35 turnovers with Taylor at the helm, which comes out to...2.5 turnovers a game. Over the rest of the season it would have been the same either way my good sir. You underestimate the turnover power of T-Magic. Also Taylor played against our noncon schedule, while the backups had to play our conference schedule. Taylor had an interception and a fumble in the one conference game he played.