2013-2014 W-L Record for the Men

Comish

I firmly believe Miles is the right guy at the right time.

However, our non-conference schedule is stronger and the League schedule is tougher.

So, even though I believe our overall team will be significantly better, (especially measured by talent and athleticism), I doubt very much the W-L record will be significantly improved.

I am predicting a 15-15 overall record and a 7-11 conference record.

If close, that means we will need at least one win in the conference tourney to earn a post-season bid.

Love to be wrong here, but that's my prediction.

Agree ? Or not ?

how are people predicting .500 in the toughest conference in america. I think we will get a few wins here and there in conference but .500 is no where near our talent level IMO.

Have to agree. Half the conference was ranked at one point last year so you basically have to be a Top 25 team to be .500 in the conference. I don't see us there yet.

We got a lot of talent, but we're a real young team. I'm hoping for at least .500 overall, but I'll go with 14-16. I'm guessing we'll win a little over 1/3 of our conf sched and go 9-3 in nonconf play. With that, if we could win two games in the conf tourney, that would get us into the dance. Maybe even get in with one conf tourney win. IMO. :lol:

how are people predicting .500 in the toughest conference in america. I think we will get a few wins here and there in conference but .500 is no where near our talent level IMO.

Have to agree. Half the conference was ranked at one point last year so you basically have to be a Top 25 team to be .500 in the conference. I don't see us there yet.

Technically not. We could be the best non ranked team and be pretty much right at .500 if half the conference is ranked. Hey....upsets do happen too.

Technically not. We could be the best non ranked team and be pretty much right at .500 if half the conference is ranked. Hey....upsets do happen too.

I realize that isn't "technically" correct (thus the word "basically"; I think I've usually termed it "Top 25-caliber" in the past which I should have done here). But 5 teams were ranked in the final coaches poll last year (Michigan, Indiana, Ohio St., Michigan St. and Wisconsin) plus Illinois and Minnesota who were ranked earlier in the year. That's 7 out of 12 who were ranked at one point including all the teams that were above .500 in the conference and two of the three teams that were 8-10 in conference play. Only Iowa got to 9-9 but wasn't ranked at any point (iirc). Thus, you pretty much have to be a Top 25 type team, and we were 0-10 against the Top 25 last year so we have a ways to go.