at what point in the NW game did the defensive players choose the scheme?

DelK

Does anyone know at what point in the game did the coaches ask the defensive players what scheme they wanted to run? It appears that something happened to drastically improve the defense. Was that "something" getting input from the players?

It is an intriguing question for a couple of reasons. One of those is that nagging feeling that we've got better quality defensive players than is reflected in the scoring against us this and past seasons. Another is the knowledge that using "our" plans or scheme generally give better results than playing with "your" scheme. I remember that Dr. T had a staff psychologist and wonder how much that contributed to his success.

Does anyone know at what point in the game did the coaches ask the defensive players what scheme they wanted to run? It appears that something happened to drastically improve the defense. Was that "something" getting input from the players?

It is an intriguing question for a couple of reasons. One of those is that nagging feeling that we've got better quality defensive players than is reflected in the scoring against us this and past seasons. Another is the knowledge that using "our" plans or scheme generally give better results than playing with "your" scheme. I remember that Dr. T had a staff psychologist and wonder how much that contributed to his success.

I think it's about the time Colter wore down and they had to start putting in the lead footed Siemian every 4th or 5th play.

Found an article that says it was with 11 minutes to go in the second quarter. Assuming that time is correct, it was just after NW scored to go up 21-7. To that point, NW had the ball four times and had gained 193 yards. The one drive they didn't score on was a three and out where Ciante had a big sack on third down.

After that, NW had the ball 12 times but only scored three more points (gifted by the Husker offense) while the Husker defense scored 7. They only gained 133 yards.

I heard there was complete and utter mutiny. Players demanding they call the defense and even run their own substitution.

They totally told Pap he has no clue and disregarded the 70 hours per coach man hours they put in and

DEMANDED they run what they wanted to run.

Thank god.

Seriously, get a grip.

If you've ever played a team sport, this whole "the players chose what the ran" idea is just absolutely freakin laughable.

• Fire 3

I heard there was complete and utter mutiny. Players demanding they call the defense and even run their own substitution.

They totally told Pap he has no clue and disregarded the 70 hours per coach man hours they put in and

Thank god.

Seriously, get a grip.

If you've ever played a team sport, this whole "the players chose what the ran" idea is just absolutely freakin laughable.

+1 It's just the coaches trying to get the player's perspective because they can't see everything from the sideline. It probably happens most every week it's just this week it was a turning point, that and right now the press will do anything to stir the pot and create more controversy.

Thank god.

Seriously, get a grip.

I know a guy that claims he and his teammates did this whole "mutiny" thing in high school football.

I was on the team too lol

Thank god.

Seriously, get a grip.

you missed the whole point of the post just be a d##k? well done

Paps and Bo stated that their scheme of RG as a LB with a 3 man front wasn't working. They said they asked the guys what they felt comfortable with as what they (Bo and Co) had designed for this game wasn't working. The guys said they felt better with a traditional 4 man front, tighter and blitz. Bo then went with this. This from an article today. If true, and can't believe it is not as the article quoted both coaches, shows that Bo might have learned something. Put his pride and "system" away and going with something the guys can execute.

Also read that we really started to play the receivers closer at the line to bump them off to hurt the quick routes and timing, allowing the rush/blitzes to have a better percentage of getting home. IIRC, it was Sanders who said he liked the DB's to knock the receivers out of bounds or on the ground. Negated their ability to catch the pass. I would like to see this type of physical play more.

Thank god.

Seriously, get a grip.

I know a guy that claims he and his teammates did this whole "mutiny" thing in high school football.

Which one was you?

tumblr_m8vmq3Sfdm1r0qzdgo1_500.jpg

• Fire 3

I didn't expect them to go from atrocious to KC Chiefs in one game, but you have to give them credit for becoming a D that didn't get beat like a drum and actually holding their own. Did anyone think we would hold them to that last field goal? I sure didn't. I still think we have players who will get better the more they communicate and I think we're seeing that already.

Thank god.

Seriously, get a grip.

Which one was you?

tumblr_m8vmq3Sfdm1r0qzdgo1_500.jpg

Wendell