Coaching change is inevitable, better to plan for the future now

Enjoy the season people! Like many other teams...we have experienced a number of injuries. Do losses hurt? YES. But I do firmly believe that we are doing things right here at Nebraska. Sold out stadiums = check. Rabid fan base = check, check. A coaching staff that graduates players and stays out of NCAA trouble = check. Winning seasons and bowl games = check. Fans that understand and accept that sometimes you get beat = ..........

If you don't want to be on the bandwagon, that is fine. But you are not getting my seat when things "magically" turn around.

• Fire 1

Most people fear change, but that is a topic in itself.

What I do know is that Wisconsin looks a lot closer to our preferred identity than we do--and they do it with recruiting classes that are nowhere near the rating of our classes. If we could get a similar return from our recruits, the Big Ten title would be ours to lose. That is on the coaches. There's another thread talking about what has happened to Imani Cross and who is responsible for it. Just imagine if Imani was playing for the Badgers......you know them. They're that team that has recruiting classes ranked somewhere around 50 and look more like Nebraska than Nebraska. That's making the most out of your personnel, and THAT is coaching.

• Fire 4

What I do know is that Wisconsin looks a lot closer to our preferred identity than we do--and they do it with recruiting classes that are nowhere near the rating of our classes. If we could get a similar return from our recruits, the Big Ten title would be ours to lose. That is on the coaches. There's another thread talking about what has happened to Imani Cross and who is responsible for it. Just imagine if Imani was playing for the Badgers......you know them. They're that team that has recruiting classes ranked somewhere around 50 and look more like Nebraska than Nebraska. That's making the most out of your personnel, and THAT is coaching.

When we 1st moved to the Big 10 - that is one thing I noticed - Wisc took our place wt a pipeline type O line and power running. Net net - I think it comes down to coaching - can't just blame the players - who recruited them? who develops them? who motivates them to succeed. Yes, the coaches aren't on the field but they are responsible for who is and the level of performance by those players. We've had many injuries for sure - but why don't we have a seasoned back up QB who can come into to fill TM's place, why do we have such a young D - where are the developed seniors and Jrs?

• Fire 1

Enjoy the season people! Like many other teams...we have experienced a number of injuries. Do losses hurt? YES. But I do firmly believe that we are doing things right here at Nebraska. Sold out stadiums = check. Rabid fan base = check, check. A coaching staff that graduates players and stays out of NCAA trouble = check. Winning seasons and bowl games = check. Fans that understand and accept that sometimes you get beat = ..........

If you don't want to be on the bandwagon, that is fine. But you are not getting my seat when things "magically" turn around.

C'mon, you know you couldn't give away that sh*tty seat! :laughpound

Relax, I am just kidding you, you probably have a skybox seat. I have had my seats for more years than most on this board have been alive and no matter what the circumstances are (even under BC) I was there screaming my head off for the boys. Doesn't mean we can't bitch about obvious issues!

• Fire 1

Couldn't agree more. +1 because I can't +2.

Taking a step out of the weeds it seems logical to think that Pelini will be gone either after 2013 or 2014 whether it’s the University’s decision or his own. Pain and bad blood has built up over the years on both sides of the fence. Pelini will either be let go or he’ll leave for another gig. The scenarios I see:

1) Nebraska finishes with 4-5 losses this year and next. The University will feel the pain in terms of donor contributions and will part ways with Pelini.

2) Nebraska gets to the conference championship game and is competitive and continues the momentum in 2014. At this point Pelini’s stock rises and he leaves for another gig, even if it’s a job that may be perceived in lesser terms than the Nebraska job.

What I really don’t see is a scenario where Pelini stays longer term. His demeanor this year is of a man that seems beaten down, he’s rarely looked happy even in the good moments. Let’s not kid ourselves, he’s acting like a guy that probably would welcome a fresh start somewhere else.

Who's are you going to get to replace him??

This is what bafffles me about some of the fire Bo crowd, everyone wants him run out of town, but rarely is a alternative choice given...

Exactly! We're doing okay. Not great, but okay. If we're going to replace Bo, then the last thing we should do is fire him and try to land someone on the open market. These things need to be worked out behind the scenes, ahead of time. Then, when everything is in place, make a relatively seamless transition in a manner where Eichorst controls the agenda. The last thing we want is get ourselves into a coaching-search clusterf#@k like we had under Pederson. He mismanaged the process so badly it set us back a half a decade.

Can't +1 that enough...

If they're going to cut Bo loose, they'd better have their sh*t together, or the coaching search is going to look like a bunch of monkey's trying to f*ck a football,,,

Taking a step out of the weeds it seems logical to think that Pelini will be gone either after 2013 or 2014 whether it’s the University’s decision or his own. Pain and bad blood has built up over the years on both sides of the fence. Pelini will either be let go or he’ll leave for another gig. The scenarios I see:

1) Nebraska finishes with 4-5 losses this year and next. The University will feel the pain in terms of donor contributions and will part ways with Pelini.

2) Nebraska gets to the conference championship game and is competitive and continues the momentum in 2014. At this point Pelini’s stock rises and he leaves for another gig, even if it’s a job that may be perceived in lesser terms than the Nebraska job.

What I really don’t see is a scenario where Pelini stays longer term. His demeanor this year is of a man that seems beaten down, he’s rarely looked happy even in the good moments. Let’s not kid ourselves, he’s acting like a guy that probably would welcome a fresh start somewhere else.

Who's are you going to get to replace him??

This is what bafffles me about some of the fire Bo crowd, everyone wants him run out of town, but rarely is a alternative choice given...

Exactly! We're doing okay. Not great, but okay. If we're going to replace Bo, then the last thing we should do is fire him and try to land someone on the open market. These things need to be worked out behind the scenes, ahead of time. Then, when everything is in place, make a relatively seamless transition in a manner where Eichorst controls the agenda. The last thing we want is get ourselves into a coaching-search clusterf#@k like we had under Pederson. He mismanaged the process so badly it set us back a half a decade.

Can't +1 that enough...

If they're going to cut Bo loose, they'd better have their sh*t together, or the coaching search is going to look like a bunch of monkey's trying to f*ck a football,,,

If they are going to do it, they better have already talked to potential replacements or their agents by now.

I think I would be very open to someone from the Haurbagh/Shaw coaching tree. I would love Nebraska to look Like Stanford does these days.

His name is Greg Roman and Nebraska should absolutely try.

Nope. He doesn't qualify to be head coach here. You have to have a two syllable first name.

Bob, Tom, Frank, Bill, Bo.........That just might be what we need.