Do we really want to play in the CCG?

Hayseed

I want to play in the ccg IF we can play competitive. If we're going to get embarrassed, I'd just as soon not play in it. The rest of our season will determine if we make it there. If we can earn a trip there, we should be able to also not get curbstomped. There's a couple big ifs and shoulds in there.

I've heard this asked by radio sports guys a few times ...kind of like a rhetorical question where they're scrunching up their face and assuming we'd get destroyed if we made it there.....like maybe it's better if we just stay away.

I say OF COURSE we want to play in the championship game. If we make it there I'm assuming we've already beaten Michigan, Iowa State, and Michigan State.......if we can do that then we can certainly give Ohio State a run for their money and possibly upset them.

I hear a bunch of fans talking like they're ready to throw in the towel. We've seen some pretty good flashes from our guys and I feel like we should either get behind them 100% or go mow the yard;...we don't need the negativity hanging around and festering.

Didn't realize we played ISU this year :facepalm:

We don't. It's Michigan, Michigan St, Penn St, and Iowa. Everyone wants Bo to win a conference title and a bowl (including me). The only way that happens is if they get to the CCG (simple logic, but true).

I know. It was meant to be sarasm, sorry shoulda used this instead :sarcasm

I've heard this asked by radio sports guys a few times ...kind of like a rhetorical question where they're scrunching up their face and assuming we'd get destroyed if we made it there.....like maybe it's better if we just stay away.

I say OF COURSE we want to play in the championship game. If we make it there I'm assuming we've already beaten Michigan, Iowa State, and Michigan State.......if we can do that then we can certainly give Ohio State a run for their money and possibly upset them.

I hear a bunch of fans talking like they're ready to throw in the towel. We've seen some pretty good flashes from our guys and I feel like we should either get behind them 100% or go mow the yard;...we don't need the negativity hanging around and festering.

Yeah, there's that proofreading....Iowa ,of course.

Okay you guys convinced me, I want to make it to the CCG so we can lose by 100 and be like Colorado.

So then, let's lose to everyone and fire Bo. That will be so much better!

Where did I say that? In my scenario we have no blowout losses, Bo keeps his job and guarantees himself at least another year to figure it out. I'm actually starting to feel for the guy and would rather he succeed than get fired. With all the young talent in 2 years we COULD be a very good team. I'd hate for a blowout loss against OSU to shatter the young guys' confidence.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Urban would take it easy on us. I mean, he seems like a standup guy and not at all douchey.

We don't. It's Michigan, Michigan St, Penn St, and Iowa. Everyone wants Bo to win a conference title and a bowl (including me). The only way that happens is if they get to the CCG (simple logic, but true).

I know. It was meant to be sarasm, sorry shoulda used this instead :sarcasm

But ,besides proofreading, you didn't actually say anything about wanting to play in the CCG.??

You always want to compete at the highest level. That is what this about. Sometimes our schedule makes you wonder though. If we get by Michigan State, Michigan, Penn State and Iowa, the kids deserve a shot at the CCG. I think Michigan State is very good, close to the level of Ohio State. We lose to them, were not going either way.

I say OF COURSE we want to play in the championship game. If we make it there I'm assuming we've already beaten Michigan, Iowa , and Michigan State.......if we can do that then we can certainly give Ohio State a run for their money and possibly upset them.

This post has been edited. You can also include a win or loss against Penn State to formulate your opinion if you would like to.

trre.gif