Can We Win Out?

ladyhawke

This question will be much easier to answer after the MSU game.

If the defense plays like the last two weeks and keeps improving.....

If the offense can keep the sticks moving and Beck doesn't go full Watson......

Why we can win out-

We really only have to figure a way to move the ball and score on MSU's defense. Their offense should not cause us too much concern. We should be able to win both sides of the ball vs PSU and Iowa.

At this point I would be very proud and extremely hopeful for the next few years if our very young team can win out. But, if we lose another game or two then it is going to be how we lose and how we react after a loss that should matter to everyone. Really, I just hope our team can get healthy down the road and we win a big bowl game against a great team.

I am hopeful we can. Pelini has a history of completely shutting down offenses like Michigan State. What worries me is the injuries on the offense. I hope we can move the ball well enough to score some points on that defense. Ameer Abdullah has to have an amazing game to take pressure off of Armstrong and give him time to throw the ball.

I'm wondering if we might score defensively to beat MSU. How many pick-sixes do we have? 4? 6? I'm not sure. But it would be awesome if we got karma on MSU for all the games they've won when their defense scored.

I said before NW that we could win any of the five remaining games or we could lose any of the five and I really wouldn't be too surprised with any combination. Now I think we should have every chance to win the last three but that's still going to take some doing. Who would have thought our defense would be carrying us for the last seven quarters?

I didn't think MSU would score a lot of points on us even when our defense was far from great. Now, if we can keep up the recent pace, we should have every chance to shut them down. Just hope the offense doesn't hand them anything easy. On the flip side, I we've been able to score in the 20s on their defense the last couple years but now our offense seems to be in neutral. I think another game under TA's belt - and a huge boost of confidence from the last scoring drive - will help get us going. Also, the receivers are bound to make a play or two sometime, right?