Well I owned a wireless internet company!!! Maybe some relation. Honestly I missed that saga. Don't know how.

I have never met Coach Tressel, but from everything you hear about him, his demeanor, his success, he just reminds me so much of Coach Osborne, who I do know fairly well.

I am not screaming to hire him, I really do not know what is the best thing for Nebraska. I have never been a Bo fan, but I have seen progress in the last three games. That with what he has been facing as far as injuries and the continuous battle over his job being everyday news. It has been a tough road for him I am sure. He has

done many good things here.

If I were the AD. Bo had been fired/resigned, I think Coach Tresel would be the first on my list, let him bring who he wanted to, but that Scott Frost would come as a head coach in waiting. I know all of you think Tressel is too old, but Saben is the same age. Scott would have been trained by the best coaches to ever do the job, Walsh, Osborne, Kelly and Tressel, and done so for many years. I could see this as a great answer, for today and the future.

Ignoring all the other crappy stuff about the guy...

Are we all forgetting the infamous Tresselball moniker? Boring, slow football. No thanks.

I think you could describe what we were back in the 80's/90's as similar. We ran, ran, ran and just when you thought we were going to throw, we ran some more. Nebraskans pride themselves on execution. It doesn't have to be flashy, doesn't have to make the top 10 on Sportscenter...it's just got to be consistent, and executed well. That's what's sunk Pelini IMO. You look at the culture of Nebraska, and who we are. It's nothing special, but we work our asses off and do it at 100% all day long, every day. I'm not saying Bo doesn't work hard, but his teams often seem lackluster and uninvolved. Tressel's teams always executed, always performed at that level we expect Nebraska to be at. Who cares if it's boring.

Are we all forgetting the infamous Tresselball moniker? Boring, slow football. No thanks.

I think you could describe what we were back in the 80's/90's as similar. We ran, ran, ran and just when you thought we were going to throw, we ran some more. Nebraskans pride themselves on execution. It doesn't have to be flashy, doesn't have to make the top 10 on Sportscenter...it's just got to be consistent, and executed well. That's what's sunk Pelini IMO. You look at the culture of Nebraska, and who we are. It's nothing special, but we work our asses off and do it at 100% all day long, every day. I'm not saying Bo doesn't work hard, but his teams often seem lackluster and uninvolved. Tressel's teams always executed, always performed at that level we expect Nebraska to be at. Who cares if it's boring.

Tressel got his teams to 3 National Championship games and won one. Osborne got us to a few as well IIRC and won 3 with this "slow, boring" type of offense.

I couldn't disagree more. I love that type of football. That style of football is the definition of what the game is supposed to be IMO. I know everyone is so in love with Oregon and Baylor and high flying offenses, even Beck I think aspires to be somewhat similar. While everyone else is doing that, Alabama plays your so called "TresselBall" and plays solid defense and it seems to work pretty well.

I didn't really mean it in the sense of "oh power run plays? boring!" but his teams play the kind of football that always results in 21-17, 20-10, 17-7 type of scores regardless of the opponent.

I don't mind "vanilla" pro-style offense or solid defense, but I think that's different than what I perceive to be Tresselball. I enjoy watching Alabama play - don't find that boring at all. Couldn't say the same for Ohio State a few years back, except for the rare Terrell Pryor showcase.

I didn't really mean it in the sense of "oh power run plays? boring!" but his teams play the kind of football that always results in 21-17, 20-10, 17-7 type of scores regardless of the opponent.

I don't mind "vanilla" pro-style offense or solid defense, but I think that's different than what I perceive to be Tresselball. I enjoy watching Alabama play - don't find that boring at all. Couldn't say the same for Ohio State a few years back, except for the rare Terrell Pryor showcase.

Outside of maybe Ohio State this year (and Wisconsin of the recent past), those scores are exactly what Big 10 football has alsways been. It's been either a very strong defensive or very poor offensive league forever, resulting in the type of games (scores) that you mentioned. Not sure if it is the climate, culture of Big 10 football, but I have always viewed the entire conference as BORING....unless you enjoy an ugly sluggfest....which some people do...especially the defensive minded gurus.

That's me HANC. Not ugly, just good football. No stupid sh#t. I tried rewatching that Michigan State Nebraska game just to get an understanding of what is going on in that game. I got to about the 10 minute mark in the first where Westerkamp fumbled the punt....our third turnover in the first quarter. I realized there is no understanding that. None. I shut it off. I will refuse to watch football like that anymore.

That's me HANC. Not ugly, just good football. No stupid sh#t. I tried rewatching that Michigan State Nebraska game just to get an understanding of what is going on in that game. I got to about the 10 minute mark in the first where Westerkamp fumbled the punt....our third turnover in the first quarter. I realized there is no understanding that. None. I shut it off. I will refuse to watch football like that anymore.

As a HC of our High school team, I choose to run the defense, and let someone else be the DC . I love great defensive football games. I used the word "ugly" because I am afraid that many people today find those low scoring defensive battles boring and ugly. Not me....didn't mean to make it sound as if "I" felt this way. Much rather watch a 20-17 game, rather than a 54-36 game.

As a HC of our High school team, I choose to run the defense, and let someone else be the DC . I love great defensive football games. I used the word "ugly" because I am afraid that many people today find those low scoring defensive battles boring and ugly. Not me....didn't mean to make it sound as if "I" felt this way. Much rather watch a 20-17 game, rather than a 54-36 game.

Oh ya, I understood ya. Guys like us are a rare breed anymore. Just look at all the Scoot Frost for HC garble all over this board. Visions of Oregons offense dancing in their heads. Oregon offense at Nebraska? Hell, I'm tired of seeing Becks charade let alone watching that mockery. I like huddling. I like using a fullback as a lead blocker. I like well planned, well executed football in which a team establishes themselves on the ground, and burns you periodically with the pass. I guess I'm still a believer in the run first to set up the pass kind of guy. Of course, the key to these type of offenses is playing solid defense. Blackshirt defense.

To me football is not so much a chess match, much like our current staff uses. Running one play to set up a later play. I like the old school. This is what we do, we know what you do. We think we do what we do better than you........let's line up and prove it. Execution always wins in this game. Even if it's 5 things. If you do those 5 things better than a team that does 100 things, it's my belief you win that football game.

I remember throwing his name out there a couple of years ago and getting blasted for it...

With that being said, Tressel would be a great hire. He's a proven winner (title games, not vs Sun Belt opponents), and some other team is bound to pick him up in the next couple of years if Nebraska doesn't.

Dropping Bo, even after a 9 win season, doesn't bother me- the man's mediocre coaching ability is painfully obvious. He simply can't (or won't) do what is necessary to produce a championship caliber team. Keeping him around until the schedule requires him to play at least 7 teams with a pulse is going to be agonizing.