Bring your towels #whipMSU

GSG

First of all can you buy these before the game in the stadium? Which I would assume so, but you never know. Also, does anyone not like these type of promos for our big games? They just seem to not work well with the team or maybe I am just paranoid after the whole Red Out Around The World Event.

You can't buy them, there's only 1,000 being passed out to students only.

Poor effort. Go hard or go home, Athletic Dept.

First of all can you buy these before the game in the stadium? Which I would assume so, but you never know. Also, does anyone not like these type of promos for our big games? They just seem to not work well with the team or maybe I am just paranoid after the whole Red Out Around The World Event.

You can't buy them, there's only 1,000 being passed out to students only.

Poor effort. Go hard or go home, Athletic Dept.

It's not the AD, this is and probably always will be a student effort.

For students arriving early, the first 1,000 in the South student section will receive a black towel, courtesy of the Nebraska Athletic Department.

I don't know for sure, but I think that's an error on the article's end. My educated guess is that this is funded by the Iron N, which is a student group, and uses student allocation money.

For students arriving early, the first 1,000 in the South student section will receive a black towel, courtesy of the Nebraska Athletic Department.

I don't know for sure, but I think that's an error on the article's end. My educated guess is that this is funded by the Iron N, which is a student group, and uses student allocation money.

I'm pretty sure the towels that were handed out at last years Michigan game were provided by the University. Here's a picture of the towels from last year. I could be wrong but I'm not sure the students would put the Highway Safety stuff at the bottom unless they were somehow able to help pay for the towels by advertising that.

XGWPJERAWRORXFZ.20121026125537.jpg

I'm pretty sure the towels that were handed out at last years Michigan game were provided by the University. Here's a picture of the towels from last year. I could be wrong but I'm not sure the students would put the Highway Safety stuff at the bottom unless they were somehow able to help pay for the towels by advertising that.

XGWPJERAWRORXFZ.20121026125537.jpg

Yes, but the towels handed out before that, to only the students during the Wisconsin game, said 'Iron N' on them with nothing else. They went over really well so the athletic department decided to try it again throughout the entire stadium.

If this an Athletic Dept. thing they need to hand out 50,000, or more, and make an announcement right now that they are promoting it. Otherwise it turns out like the b******* and you get 10,000 people doing it and it just looks half assed.

Edited by Jurgey

The Iron N@TheIronN 12 Nov

#HuskerNation bring your towels. Pass this message along #whipMSU #GBR pic.twitter.com/6MA4nk9Kwa

While primarily focused on the student section, The Iron N is welcoming all ticket holders to join in.

The reasoning is a simple one, according to Scott Mulholland, Director of Football Operations for The Iron N.

After last week’s stellar performance by the Nebraska Blackshirts defense, we are trying to show our most unconditional support for our young defense. We want this game to be a marker that the Blackshirts are back, and that we can and do have the best defense in the country,” Mulholland said.

That means all towels and cloths brought along should be black.

However, Mulholland recognizes that’s not enough to make an impact so that’s where the call for help comes in.

http://hailvarsity.c...ring-the-black/

Anybody think this sounds contradictory?

yeah they should have used the word fickle instead of unconditional