what we learned MSU edition

hskerprid

WTF are you talking about? The only coach that I can even think of pointing a finger at is Tim Beck and his horrendous calls. To call out the whole coaching staff is completely laughable.

What's laughable is that you think everything doesn't run through Bo. The team is a reflection of their coaching staff. That's WTF I'm talking about.

Yeah because it is always Bo's fault when his team ours the ball on the ground.

Have you found me that kohls rug yet

The only rug I found was between your wife's legs.Bo coaches them. Bo points the thumb right?

Really? That's not necessary and you should know better...........

• Fire 3

Turnovers kill is the correct answer. BUT it is hard to win playing against 11+ guys on the field. The picked up intentional grounding call was the biggest missed call I've seen in a while. And a fake field goal us good IF your holder maintains possession of the ball until he's down

This totally this. That was a huge missed call.

Special teams are a giant gaping hole that doesn't seem to be either addressed or acknowledged. The return game is an absolute cluster#$%k of massive proportions. We have at least one special teams gaffe a week now, it seems, and even when the punt is actually caught, there is no blocking set up. And there's almost zero attempt by anyone to even try to block punts.

Systemic issues don't disappear in two weeks. They're systemic. Everything we saw is typical, ordinary, run-o'-the-mill Nebraska football. And the season isn't over. Young team, nothing real to play for; rough waters ahead.

This is the gloomiest, most pessimistic, unreasonable view of this game that anyone could come away with.

• The defense has indeed improved.
  • There are definitely some mental/psychological issues with the team that weren't all caused by Martinez's lacidazical leadership.
  • Ameer Abdullah is a stud.. first 100 yard rusher against MIch. St. this year.
  • Armstrong is indeed a freshman.
  • Beck's play calling is still infuriorating. An option pitch to 3rd string freshman RB goes awry early in the game and we never run it again. Also there was a while there where we were slinging the ball all over the place with Armstrong never coming close to being on target, if you wanna do that put in RK3 it is not TA's strong suit.
  • Also.. 2 weeks in a row we've put RK3 in for the 3rd-4th series when TA was doing well. Today? Armstrong is struggling and they never put in RK3. I don't understand that.
  • My thinking that the last 2 weeks were giving us all false hope unfortunately turned out to be correct.. well half correct. I thought our defensive improvements were a mirage, but we really do seem to have improved. Offense/special teams are still a disaster.

Turnovers kill is the correct answer. BUT it is hard to win playing against 11+ guys on the field. The picked up intentional grounding call was the biggest missed call I've seen in a while. And a fake field goal us good IF your holder maintains possession of the ball until he's down

This totally this. That was a huge missed call.

Don't forget the two missed blocks in the back on the long punt return, huge shift in field position.

Hard loss because it's easy to wonder what would have been had we held onto the ball.

But you have to tip your hat to the OL. 182 yards rushing is pretty darn good against a team that was only allowing 43 a game coming into Saturday. Maybe Sparty is a little overrated in that department, but it's really impressive what we were able to do on the ground with our guys so banged up.

Also, the defense's improvement that started in the second half of the jNU game doesn't appear to be evanescent. They were put in a lot of bad spots today and played pretty good for the most part.

Account, didn't you post pretty much the same thing after Minnesota?????

Is it real this time

Yes. But you find me one post since where I've caved and said everything was fine again. Sure I was happy with squeeking out wins twice since, but I'll wait for you to quote me on when I've stated that I've been sucked back in again. Time and time again. Basic football. We dont do it.

What I say today has pretty much did me in. I'm serious. I just can't continue to make the same old excuses that I myself have used up until today. Today axed it. I really think it's time for a change. Whether it be wholesale coordinators or the HC period. There's just a mental block going on here. I know. I know. Bo cant make tackles and hang on to the ball or whatever. But this happens time and time again. Simple football. The basics. Cant catch a pitch. WR hooks instead of cuts, qb sees it wrong, results in int. Dropping a punt. Calling a pulling play on our own goal line and the pulling G runs into the qb knocking the ball out of his hands. I can put anything on the Armstrong fumble at the end of the half. We did the safest thing possible there to get out of the half outside of taking a knee, and their defending reached in and stripped. But all other boneheaded mistakes in a big game just continue to happen. THERE IS NO SIGN IT WILL EVER BE FIXED. Literally giving games away against equal or better competition, and having to miraculously come back against much lesser competition becuase of said mistakes. it's a mental block. Michigan St in the talent department is no more ahead of Nebraska, but as a football team is about 2 td's better and that's how this game played out. They did the little things. Almost 6 years in, and we still cant put together a punt return team.

I know this team is young. I know theyre talented. I know they love Bo and I know he loves them. I know he's done it the right way and so on, and there isnt a single Nebraska fan in the world that doesnt want him to succeed, but I just dont think it's gonna happen. It's just a mistake riddin group week after week. I just dont think we can afford to ruin this talented young group with what is more and more being seen as pretty careless and ignorant coaching when it comes to all the little things that you HAVE to do to be a good team.

Let me just add , I think it is year after year now not just week after week, but perhaps you are being kind.