Nebraska at Penn State: Game Week Thoughts

admo

I have had the luck to see games in both places Happy Valley and the Big House and I would pick Michigan anytime over Penn.St. To travel to and play.

My thoughts are While I hope its a RED LETTER DAY for us in light of recent developements if this team has taught me anything its to expect the unexpected and hope for the best.

If Tommy gets into the zone and Gregory and Co. Have some gas left in the tank this could be a great day for Huskers everywhere.....but....knowing how their coach can get things done I just am not that certain as a lot of you are.

What ever the outcome as long as our guys give us 4 hard fought quarters I will still be proud of them.

This group has gone through a helluva lot this season and I take my hat off to them for not folding their tents and giving up.

I wonder where this team would be if we had a season without the tape incident and had no injuries to our Seniors ? Oh well we still have this game and The resurgent Hawkeyes commin for Turkey Dinner so it aint over till its over.

• Fire 1

I want to see us pounding the rock. We are just a better running team and I think with PSU's limited depth we can wear them out and have a big second-half. Plus hopefully it helps keep our D off the field. They were fine til the end of MSU game when the massive difference in time of possession took hold.

Hope we're working on the return game that has gone to crap.

Of course it will probably get down to our usual turnover issue. We clean that up we should win.

I know this is their senior day and all and their "bowl game", I've seen Penn St have the issues over the past few weeks that I suspected they would this year. The imposing lack of depth and the mental block of literally having nothing to play for is wearing on this team more and more, week in, week out. Now, the emotion of senior day could overcome this and make it a scary day for us, but I also think it may backfire on them for they get a little over keyed and just completely drain themselves by the 2nd quarter. I think our guys will play well, and play focused. They read and hear all that's going on and they have to know that in many ways they're playing for Bo's job. I think they'll respond. I'll be honest. I'm a little more concerned about Iowa at this point. Not saying we'll dominate the game, but we'll win, and probably do it by controlling the game throughout.

My thoughts? Got a new roof this week, they screwed up my direct tv. Now I can't get it fixed until Thursday. So, anyone know where I can watch it online?

As an answer to question: I really have no idea what to expect week to week from this team. So I will say either we smash them badly, or they smash us badly. Either way, not a close game.

It's strange. I feel so distracted with the on the field issues/off the field issues that I really haven't had time to let it register we play Penn State tomorrow. I mean I get we play tomorrow but this is a game I look forward to every year since we joined. NU vs PSU - a classic matchup of old school programs. It has the look and feel of a big game even though neither team is achieving grand things this year. I was really upset we had to drop them as our cross division opponent. This is the last time we will play for a few years.

Yet I'm not pumped like I thought I would be. Is it because we lost to Michigan State? Sure that probably contributed to my indifference, the fact we won't be playing in the title game is a sobering consequence of last weeks outcome. But really I think it's all the uncertainty surrounding our team that has me distracted. Will we get to 9 or 10 wins this year? Will it be enough to retain Bo whether he is fired or leaves on his own accord? Have we turned a corner as a team and will that show next season?

Lets face it, this is not where alot of us thought we would be this year. Some of us, yes, expected us to underachieve. But with the schedule we had and the roster we boast, big things were in place. It didn't pan out that way. Seasons were ended abruptly, games weren't given the proper attention and the coaching staff is in a different vat of turmoil each week. Honestly gets me questioning where we will be come this time next year? Will Bo still be here fending off the axe with a similar record? Will he have moved on to another program succeeding while we break in a new guy? Will we be plagued by turnovers/injuries again or will these issues be addressed?

Tomorrow is a game I feel like should have been a big deal for me, for us, for husker nation. But instead, like many others I'm certain, are left pondering the future instead of how we intend to take care of business tomorrow. I just truly hope that my current mindset isn't shared by players donning scarlet and cream in Happy Valley. Lets get back to business and win this game tomorrow. Go Big Red.

Caught the 10-11 sports from Lincoln and they had their guy live in Happy Valley and the report he gave was perdy much standard stuff till they got near the end and he said (not a quote cause I cant remember his exact words) something about that this game is connected to Bo keeping his job. .........thats the first time I have heard one of the local TV sports guys even get near the issue of Pelinis job.......In the past 99% of the time ch.8 sports and chs.10-11 sports guys dont say anything unless there is truth in it someplace that we are not aware of.

I would think that if tomorrows game is connected to his job status then nxt weeks Iowa game is too and maybe even what ever bowl we wind up in. Though with the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl guys being here and at the post game press conference it looks real strongly that we are headed west for a Big 12 game with OU or Texas......again it sure is sounding to me like those who said Coach Bo needs to win out including Bowl Game to be retained were /are right maybe? .......Damn I hope this is wrong but you NEVER hear the local TV SPORTS GUYS saying anything unless they know or have a trusted source that knows something.

If Bo is fired, it will be the day after the Iowa. If he's allowed to coach the bowl game, it's because he's been retained for another year. They will not fire someone for performance-or lack thereof-after a bowl game. You dont waste the most critical month of recruiting with someone you plan on no longer being there. It's just not done that way. If we lose the next two, he's probably out. That's the way I see it. But i doubt that happens.

• Fire 1

Can please for once leave Bo's job status out of a conversation. It is getting pretty damn old reading the same thing over and over and over and over and over.

I think we take PSU to the woodshed to the tune of 42-10...Our defense is playing at a very high level and this matchup is what we are built for.

• Fire 1

Can please for once leave Bo's job status out of a conversation. It is getting pretty damn old reading the same thing over and over and over and over and over.

I think we take PSU to the woodshed to the tune of 42-10...Our defense is playing at a very high level and this matchup is what we are built for.

AMEN! I hope we take PSU to the woodshed too but I'm thinking it will be a close physical game!

• Fire 1