Ameer Abdullah Career Stat Watch

All-Purpose Yards (Rushing, Receiving, Returns) LINK

I beg to differ, sir. :lol:

/ If All purpose yard didn't include receiving The Jet would be much lower on that list.

All purpose yardage does include receiving. It does not include passing. Thus not many QBs on the list.

Okay, I thought that's what the original question meant. Catching passes---receiving. It didn't occur to me that it could have meant the QB throwing passes.

Ameer is quick and hits the hole hard. He is mentally tough and a determined runner. Pretty good hands. He's physical enough. If he just had a little bit better breakaway speed.... But if that was the case, I would over look how tough the dude is and everything else he does so well. And he's modest and humble.

Barry Sanders also did not have break away speed. It is Ameer's vision and his ability to move laterally that make him special. Although no one is Sanders peer with respect to lateral movement, I think Ameer most resembles his style of play

Ameer is quick and hits the hole hard. He is mentally tough and a determined runner. Pretty good hands. He's physical enough. If he just had a little bit better breakaway speed.... But if that was the case, I would over look how tough the dude is and everything else he does so well. And he's modest and humble.

Barry Sanders also did not have break away speed. It is Ameer's vision and his ability to move laterally that make him special. Although no one is Sanders peer with respect to lateral movement, I think Ameer most resembles his style of play

That is quite true --- Barry Sanders and Walter Payton --- the two unmitigated best RB's ever --- did not have elite speed. Tossing in a different, but I think related notion... the best WR ever, Gerry Rice also lacked great speed. So speed, while a great thing to have, does not need to be elite if other attributes can compensate. At the college level, AA is a great back... even sans the kind of speed we all are so enamored of.

That is quite true --- Barry Sanders and Walter Payton --- the two unmitigated best RB's ever --- did not have elite speed. Tossing in a different, but I think related notion... the best WR ever, Gerry Rice also lacked great speed. So speed, while a great thing to have, does not need to be elite if other attributes can compensate. At the college level, AA is a great back... even sans the kind of speed we all are so enamored of.

Does Jerry have a brother that I don't know about? ;)

I'm sorry, but Barry sanders had AMAZING break away speed. He juked, twisted, and turned...and then he put on the afterburners. He had break away speed.

Emmitt smith, however, did not have great straight ahead speed. Earl Campbell, Warrick Dunn, Ricky Waters, Jerome Bettis, edgerrin James...none of those guys were real break away guys...

But sanders? That dude could fly.

Also, Ameer is a really good all around back and has work hard and deservedly will break this record.

Does Jerry have a brother that I don't know about? ;)

You beat me to it. :lol:

I'm a Bears fan, and a Husker fan, so it pains me to say this, but Barry Sanders is unparallelled in RB history. The race is for second place, and guys like Mike Rozier and Walter Payton (my college and Pro favs) take a backseat to Barry.

I think it's REALLY premature and not credible to compare Ameer to Sanders, and that's not a joke to convince NFL teams not to draft him in 2014.

Barry Sanders was the best running back I've ever seen. The old story about how Barry Switzer warned his teams not to injure then-Oklahoma State starting running back Thurman Thomas because his backup Barry Sanders was even better really says it all. Thurman is in both the College Hall of Fame and NFL Hall of Fame...and Sanders was clearly better. His combination of vision, quickness and burst was just crazy to watch. He looked like something you'd see on a video game but that couldn't possibly be real. And he spent his career playing for a generally putrid Lions team. So it's hard to know what he could have done running behind the Cowboys line that Emmitt Smith benefitted from for example.