Sources: "Mark Richt's heart has always been in Lincoln, NE"

If Pelini leaves then Richt would be a heck of a replacement. He's done pretty well playing against the best teams in the best conference. He's led his teams to 13-1, 11-3, 11-2 and 12-2 seasons. He's had some off years but I think its a positive that after going 6-7 in 2010 he was able to make corrections in the program to bounce back with 10-4 and 12-2 seasons. He's an offensive minded coach but has shown he can hire coaches that have put together good defenses. He'd have a better coaching staff and I'm sure recruiting would improve.

Wait a minute. If Richts heart has been in Lincoln this whole time how is he alive...................ZOMBIE!!!!!

Tony Bennett is a zombie then too, since he left his heart in San Fracisco all those years ago and still manages to maintain a career all these years later.

• 2 weeks later...

If Pelini leaves then Richt would be a heck of a replacement. He's done pretty well playing against the best teams in the best conference. He's led his teams to 13-1, 11-3, 11-2 and 12-2 seasons. He's had some off years but I think its a positive that after going 6-7 in 2010 he was able to make corrections in the program to bounce back with 10-4 and 12-2 seasons. He's an offensive minded coach but has shown he can hire coaches that have put together good defenses. He'd have a better coaching staff and I'm sure recruiting would improve.

agree - Bo's record against the same opponents if he were UG HC would not be nearly as good IMO. Too many issues. Richt would be a good 'cultural' fit and a big upgrade in coaching and game mgmt skills

• Fire 1

If this truly is his dream job, then I would be all for bringing him in. Nebraska has everything a good HC needs as long as that coach is totally sold on the Huskers and Nebraska and WANTS to be here. It's easier to recruit to a place like Nebraska when you believe with every cell in your body that this is a great place to live and play football.

• Fire 1

If this truly is his dream job, then I would be all for bringing him in. Nebraska has everything a good HC needs as long as that coach is totally sold on the Huskers and Nebraska and WANTS to be here. It's easier to recruit to a place like Nebraska when you believe with every cell in your body that this is a great place to live and play football.

This x1,000. I fully expect that if Richt beats us in the bowl game again with a gimpy Georiga team that he's on our coaching replacement short list if Bo falters next year.

Mark Richt will not be here anytime soon. Why leave a good situation in the SEC? Come to the Big Ten where going possibly undefeated could get you left out in the cold from a National Title.

There is 1 undefeated team in the BCS top 25 right now, that's number 1 FSU. The 5th ranked team has 2 losses. So please, explain to me how an undefeated Nebraska would not be in the top 4? Matter of fact, don't explain it, because I won't listen. You are wrong.

Mark Richt will not be here anytime soon. Why leave a good situation in the SEC? Come to the Big Ten where going possibly undefeated could get you left out in the cold from a National Title.

There is 1 undefeated team in the BCS top 25 right now, that's number 1 FSU. The 5th ranked team has 2 losses. So please, explain to me how an undefeated Nebraska would not be in the top 4? Matter of fact, don't explain it, because I won't listen. You are wrong.

I don't think he means this year. More of a hypothetical future situation. I think what he's eluding to is an undefeated SEC and an undefeated PAC team would be chosen for the NC over an undefeated B1G team, most of the time.

I don't think he means this year. More of a hypothetical future situation. I think what he's eluding to is an undefeated SEC and an undefeated PAC team would be chosen for the NC over an undefeated B1G team, most of the time.

I understand that he may have meant in the future. That's why my point is even more valid in the future. There will be a 4 team playoff after this season and I don't believe there's any chance an undefeated Nebraska gets left out of that 4 team playoff.

• Fire 1

I understand that he may have meant in the future. That's why my point is even more valid in the future. There will be a 4 team playoff after this season and I don't believe there's any chance an undefeated Nebraska gets left out of that 4 team playoff.

Good point. Completely forgot about the playoffs starting next year. My apologies. +1

Good point. Completely forgot about the playoffs starting next year. My apologies. +1

No problem.

There was an undefeated Ohio State, that could have stayed home if they had beat Michigan State. As much as I dislike the SEC, I did feel Auburn had accomplished more during the year. Ohio State had not beaten a team ranked in the top 15 for over 3 years, and still have not.

I really wonder how that would have turned out.

I would agree next year a undefeated Big 10 team will have a great shot, who ever it might be. But the SEC will have the greatest chance of having two in it again. The Big needs to do well in our bowl games this year. We need to win them all, that will have a baring on the preseason rankings/guesses.