What Did We Learn? - PSU Edition

Mavric

That Penn State is not above cranking up their audio system to add stadium noise during the play while our offense is on the field. Utter lack of class and sportsmanship. :facepalm:

Is this legal? I thought it was only allowed during time outs?

I didn't think it was legal. But they had it cranked up on that last drive right up until shortly before the ball was snapped when we were down by the goal line. Very poor sportsmanship if you ask me, regardless of whether it's legal or not.

That Pat Smith has ice water running through his veins

Liked it that they were playing "Ice, Ice, Baby" during the timeout before our FG in OT. Told my wife it was because Smith he had ice water in his veins. Then had to explain to my daughter what veins were....

That Penn State is not above cranking up their audio system to add stadium noise during the play while our offense is on the field. Utter lack of class and sportsmanship. :facepalm:

I didn't think it was legal. But they had it cranked up on that last drive right up until shortly before the ball was snapped when we were down by the goal line. Very poor sportsmanship if you ask me, regardless of whether it's legal or not.

That Pat Smith has ice water running through his veins

Liked it that they were playing "Ice, Ice, Baby" during the timeout before our FG in OT. Told my wife it was because Smith he had ice water in his veins. Then had to explain to my daughter what veins were....

:thumbs

Barring self inflicted wounds, injuries and the occasional WTH Beck play calls, we could be a really, really good team.

Special teams actually gave a spark and probably saved the game.

I think you hit the nail on the head as to why there is so much division in here regarding Pelini. NU could be a really good team (winning major bowl games again and/or conference championships), but it seems to be the 3-4 games a year of way too many self-inflicted wounds that prevents the Huskers from reaching that status.

1) Anyone that bets big on a Husker game doesn't know what they're doing

2) These B1G refs are garbage. Or maybe I just haven't heard about the new 'Strawberry Shortcake/Barbie Doll' rule, where you can't bump your shoulder pad into an opponents' shoulder pad without an 'unnecessary roughness/hurt feelings' call. Considering what I've seen so far this year...not surprised.

3) Kenny Bell had a great return

4) Kenny Bell still can't catch anything.

5) Neither can Q, other than once.

6) Johnny Stanton will start next year. At some point.

7) Too many injuries to not wonder about conditioning.

8) All I hope anymore is that Westercamp, or whoever is back at punt return, catches it. Nothing else, other than a fumble, will happen. Ever. That's on coaches.

9) Defense isn't looking too bad. Other than that long play for a TD, not too bad.

10) Always good to see a win on the road. Probably shouldn't have come down to OT though. But it is what it is now.

We do this at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln pretty much every play.

If so, I've not heard it on TV.

The rule I think is this – is 1-1-6 in your NCAA booklet: “Persons subject to the rules, including bands, shall not create any noise that prohibits a team from hearing its signals.” I could be wrong though. It didn't go into detail of when it could start or stop. Course, my eyes started getting blurry after reading all the rules