The Horrific Big Ten officiating and how to fix it!!

ndobney

If Harvey Perlman or Shawn Eichorst have an effin clue, they would stand up for the program. Sadly, I doubt they care enough and don't recognize how it hurts the players and program.

this is a weird thing to say.

I may or may not remember typing this, but it looks like I did. With that said...

Obviously Bo isn't allowed to do anything but passively question calls by sending in a tape seeking an explanation, so upper admin need to step up. Seeing how HP is some NCAA chairman, he should vocalize and address this issue. Every game there is blatantly obvious penalties that go uncalled, and then some BS call like the one on Burtch. Which is where HP and SE need to step, but my assumption is they won't do anything. Watching one of your programs get jobbed and doing nothing about it is cowardice.

I think the worst thing was AA's TD run nullified by a complete crap call. It was stupid to throw the flag, it was ridiculous that Lane Grindle, who was on the sidelines, listened to the refs talk about it, they couldn't even decide what the hell to even call....and the biggest slap in the face? THEY DECIDED THEY HAD TO CALL 'SOMETHING'. WTF?!?! Last I checked, these clowns have no remorse about picking up flags, SO WHY NOT THEN IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT TO CALL?!?

Damn it...all fired up all over again.

This is college. Players don't get paid (legitimately of course). Refs do. They need a board that reviews stuff like this, and if it's completely as blatantly as dumb as this, these refs need to be suspended without pay. Refs have the power to toss and get players suspended, they deserve the same consistency.

Here's an idea for NCAAF,

Retired officials offered to become "Rule Administrators" for football games. These individuals should be appointed by the collegiate association and have a fair and balanced mindset ONLY to the NCAA rule book and the ability to review video evidence before a referee does. This individual also has the ability to object a call on the field if it is a questionable call or a ghost penalty i.e. a penalty made that should not be enforced. The admin also has the ability to perform what would be called a "Roll Back" i.e. a call that should have been made but allows the administrator to roll back a penalty and enforced after the play has ended and to be assessed on the current series or the one following. This person would essentially be a manager in the press box for the officiating crew of each NCAAF game.

This would eliminate controversial calls having a higher up who is appointed to review on field calls by means of the rule book and video evidence. They would never set foot on the field. They are an eye in the sky.

I can dream, right?

Here's an idea for NCAAF,

Retired officials offered to become "Rule Administrators" for football games. These individuals should be appointed by the collegiate association and have a fair and balanced mindset ONLY to the NCAA rule book and the ability to review video evidence before a referee does. This individual also has the ability to object a call on the field if it is a questionable call or a ghost penalty i.e. a penalty made that should not be enforced. The admin also has the ability to perform what would be called a "Roll Back" i.e. a call that should have been made but allows the administrator to roll back a penalty and enforced after the play has ended and to be assessed on the current series or the one following. This person would essentially be a manager in the press box for the officiating crew of each NCAAF game.

This would eliminate controversial calls having a higher up who is appointed to review on field calls by means of the rule book and video evidence. They would never set foot on the field. They are an eye in the sky.

I can dream, right?

that would make the refs even more worthless. many wouldnt throw a flag thinking this "eye in the sky" would do it for them or they would throw even more erring on the side of caution waiting for the bailout.