Bo post game presser

Amac3309

That's great and very commendable that his players love him so much, but that doesn't make him the right coach to lead Nebraska.

and further, how many players would not be extremely defensive of their coach? if your players do not love you, you are doing something extremely wrong. it should be a given that your players are loyal to you, not a plus.

This was essentially my point when I brought up that Callahan had support also

My view is that should Nebraska fire Bo, the next guy may do great and find another level to rise to. However I would fear that the next guy would turn into a Bob Stoops. Win a national title within two years but then trail off again into irrelevance in the national championship picture.

Re-establishing a program isn't easy. A strong argument could be made that Bo has done so already. Unless there is a sure-fire replacement that could do better, why disrupt an above average program?

I would fall down dead for a Bob Stoops type coach and any rational fan would.

Until he hits the ref with his visor.

What an interview from Kenny. Excellent. Couldn't have said anything better.

What did he say?

"I would play for Bo Pelini against Satan himself and a team of demons at the gates of the underworld."

I'm not even joking. He actually said that.

No doubt he would. The problem is that the team would be poorly coached, commit four turnovers and lose by around 30.

Lol...that's pretty good.

Maybe we were lucky that there was no Twitter around in the mid-nineties. Actually, there's no "maybe" about it--has anything good come from a player using that form of social media in the history of...ever?

Holy crap...are you guys following the Pelini/Starling stuff exploding on Twitter?

Peter Gammons just tweeted, "Am told that Pelini's tirade when Bubba Starling was leaning toward the Royals was even more miserable than today. How'd you like to be his dog."

Pelini is a huge embarrassment to the program and the university.

Another case of something too far in the past for it to be fair to bring it up again.

Seriously? This is all part of his history. How is it unfair to bring up?

Because its second hand information coming from a f'ing moron (Peter Gammons). That's why

I have know idea what is true but this makes no sense to me, I mean Bo can be hot head but I think everyone in the state knew Starling was long-shot so I don't see why of all things it would make Bo get that mad. Who knows but this one just doesn't add up to me.

My view is that should Nebraska fire Bo, the next guy may do great and find another level to rise to. However I would fear that the next guy would turn into a Bob Stoops. Win a national title within two years but then trail off again into irrelevance in the national championship picture.

Re-establishing a program isn't easy. A strong argument could be made that Bo has done so already. Unless there is a sure-fire replacement that could do better, why disrupt an above average program?

Wow a national championship and 8 conference championships? What a thing to be concerned about "falling" down to.

My guess is that will do it. The conference will have something to say, maybe the NCAA and Harvey is not going to like that at all.

Something has happened in the last three weeks. Bo's facial expression has changed, his attitude has changed in that time period, at least it seems that way to me. I mentioned it a couple of weeks ago. Maybe the rumors just getting to him. This last month has had to be very hard on him. I know I bag on him on the time, but never for lack of effort. Working so hard and to fail, has to be so discouraging for him. He is a very proud man it seems.

I am sorry it has come to this. I had hoped we were turning it around. But I have always said the job was too much for him, any new coach for that matter. Sorry for him and the kids, they have tried so hard.

The pass interference was actually not a terrible call

Robert Wadlow couldn't have caught that ball.

Right......because he was being tackled by our defensive back.

It wasn't a bad call. If Bo is going to start using expletives and losing his sh#t over officiating, pick something better to meltdown about.

You're right, it wasn't a bad call. But the call that we didn't get in the first half certainly falls under the same category as that call.

Folks...let's stop worrying about the refs. Any time you argue a call with the refs, you're subject to the ref's call. All in all, however, should any call by the ref be a factor in this game?

The refs didn't turn the ball over 3 times.

The refs didn't get act like an arse on the sideline and cost his team 15 more yards.

The refs didn't call a fake punt that was woefully executed.

The refs didn't have 89 yards rushing in the game.

The refs didn't put themselves into the position of having to win to save jobs.

This is alllllll on the coaching staff, my friends. Bo said, "Let's call a spade a spade...." Let's do that for a second...

All you need to do is listen to the press conference after this game.

All you need to do is watch the offensive playcalling on the field. Poor RKIII was getting BLASTED back there...on senior day.

All you need to do is look at the losses since he got into the B1G:

post-10672-0-83691000-1385776899.jpg

The average point differencial in wins and losses since being in the B1G is right around 20 points. Meaning that when he loses, he's losing BIG (or B1G, LOL).

The pass interference was actually not a terrible call

Robert Wadlow couldn't have caught that ball.

Right......because he was being tackled by our defensive back.

It wasn't a bad call. If Bo is going to start using expletives and losing his sh#t over officiating, pick something better to meltdown about.

You're right, it wasn't a bad call. But the call that we didn't get in the first half certainly falls under the same category as that call.

Folks...let's stop worrying about the refs. Any time you argue a call with the refs, you're subject to the ref's call. All in all, however, should any call by the ref be a factor in this game?

The refs didn't turn the ball over 3 times.

The refs didn't get act like an arse on the sideline and cost his team 15 more yards.

The refs didn't call a fake punt that was woefully executed.

The refs didn't have 89 yards rushing in the game.

The refs didn't put themselves into the position of having to win to save jobs.

This is alllllll on the coaching staff, my friends. Bo said, "Let's call a spade a spade...." Let's do that for a second...

All you need to do is listen to the press conference after this game.

All you need to do is watch the offensive playcalling on the field. Poor RKIII was getting BLASTED back there...on senior day.

All you need to do is look at the losses since he got into the B1G:

B1G Pelini Losses.jpg

The average point differencial in wins and losses since being in the B1G is right around 20 points. Meaning that when he loses, he's losing BIG (or B1G, LOL).

You have some point in there? I can't find it.

Six pages on a thread called "Bo post game presser" and not a single link to the actual press coverage? This is why I rarely come to this site anymore. It's all about the circle jerk and enormous over reactions. You can't get actual info here, just hearsay and innuendo. Good job Huskerboard.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=NU+head+coach+Bo+Pelini+after+loss+to+iowa

• Fire 2

In hindsight , the way Bo was acting suggests to me that there may have been some things said before the game about expectations.....like "we'd fire you if not for all the money we'd have to pay". Knowing that he's a handshake kind of guy and probably not liking the feeling that he may be dealing with a snake, maybe he purposely gave them the room to do what they wanted? All pure speculation based on how he just told it like it is today.

The team made huge strides throughout the year despite being injured almost everywhere. They play hard for this staff , don't give up and have nothing to apologize for...like he said. To me it's about how you play and I like this team and the way they play. I probably couldn't coach for two weeks because I'd be much more likely than Bo to tell them to kiss my ass if they don't like it. I won't even get into the reality show that the announcers and refs are trying to pull off.

Bo shouldve taken the Tim Miles approach. Jeebus, that guy hasnt done a damn thing and the entire state would already lay down in front of an armored truck for him. I feel so betrayed. Bo's presser was really not that bad on a whole. Blunt honesty. Why cant he do that? But the one thing I have yet to see mentioned is when asked about all the fans in the tunnel saying "we love you Bo" and so, all he could muster was a snide and snappy "it's great". Meh. So long Bo. Thanks for rebuilding our program from the brink of toiletry, but it's time we both part ways and you can get on with your career as a DC or position coach in the NFL.

I'm done with this. Chalk another one up for the Bo-flippers.

My guess is that will do it. The conference will have something to say, maybe the NCAA and Harvey is not going to like that at all.

Something has happened in the last three weeks. Bo's facial expression has changed, his attitude has changed in that time period, at least it seems that way to me. I mentioned it a couple of weeks ago. Maybe the rumors just getting to him. This last month has had to be very hard on him. I know I bag on him on the time, but never for lack of effort. Working so hard and to fail, has to be so discouraging for him. He is a very proud man it seems.

I am sorry it has come to this. I had hoped we were turning it around. But I have always said the job was too much for him, any new coach for that matter. Sorry for him and the kids, they have tried so hard.

I thought his immediate reaction after the Hail Mary win over Northwestern was very telling.

Bo shouldve taken the Tim Miles approach. Jeebus, that guy hasnt done a damn thing and the entire state would already lay down in front of an armored truck for him. I feel so betrayed. Bo's presser was really not that bad on a whole. Blunt honesty. Why cant he do that? But the one thing I have yet to see mentioned is when asked about all the fans in the tunnel saying "we love you Bo" and so, all he could muster was a snide and snappy "it's great". Meh. So long Bo. Thanks for rebuilding our program from the brink of toiletry, but it's time we both part ways and you can get on with your career as a DC or position coach in the NFL.

I'm done with this. Chalk another one up for the Bo-flippers.

When were the questions asked...in what order?