Every year...

HuskerTex

Every year it's the same thing: injuries at key positions are the reason we struggle in games. It's been the same thing every year since Callahan, only this year it's been ratcheted up several notches. Why is Nebraska the only team with a perennial injury problem.

Every year it's the same thing: turnovers at key times keep us from winning games. It's been the same thing since Callahan, every year the same thing. Why are we the only team with a perennial turnover problem?

Every year it's the same thing: lack of discipline leads us to poor production and killing of momentum. It's been the same thing since Callahan. Why are we the only team with a perennial penalty problem? (At least the team doesn't roll over and die anymore, but it's just not the way we should be.)

If this year proves anything it's that we are not progressing.

Explain how coaching is the cause of injuries. I have seen several people claim or imply that poor coaching causes the injuries. Not figuring out how.

agreed. especially because a lot are ankle and knee injuries.

but this complaint is so myopic. i am sure if you followed any team as closely as nebraska you would find that every team deals with injuries. this year was extreme, but we could have overcame them.

Explain how coaching is the cause of injuries. I have seen several people claim or imply that poor coaching causes the injurieps. Not figuring out how.

Conditioning, strength, and technique. All of these are coaching responsibility and they all reduce injuries. It's a cop out to say other teams suffer injuries like this because overall they don't. not to the extent we do every year.

I can't understand why it seems we have to start over on defense most years. Suck at the beginning, start playing better towards the end. I understand people come into and leave the program but a good staff and program should be able to keep play at a more or less consistent level year to year.

Explain how coaching is the cause of injuries. I have seen several people claim or imply that poor coaching causes the injurieps. Not figuring out how.

Conditioning, strength, and technique. All of these are coaching responsibility and they all reduce injuries. It's a cop out to say other teams suffer injuries like this because overall they don't. not to the extent we do every year.

Georgia, Florida and Boomer Sooner, all second this post.

Still would like to know what the proper technique is to survive having a 300 lb man roll up into your knee.

Co signed, Spencer Long, Jake cotton, Jeremiah Shirles, Mike Moudy

• Fire 1

Every year special teams stink (except great kickers).

Bo is a poor executive. He does not look at the entire system, assess strengths and weaknesses, and develop short and long term improvement plans.

he really needs to take a long hard look at bringing in some big time QUALIFIED guys to be coordinators. Realize that ST is necessary. Over see the program through qualified staff.

He also needs to visit top tier programs and copy what they are doing in practice. How they schedule, do they do 1's vs 1's etc....

Georgia, Florida and Boomer Sooner, all second this post.

Still would like to know what the proper technique is to survive having a 300 lb man roll up into your knee.

Co signed, Spencer Long, Jake cotton, Jeremiah Shirles, Mike Moudy

Look at how MMA trains. Incorporate some of this. They get their joints attacked in practice and matches and seem to fair alright. Train in a non static position ie multi plane, use suspension trainers, sandbag work, unbalanced loads. Train for functional fitness. Train mobility. Unsure if we don't. Just ideas we could do.

Look at how MMA trains. Incorporate some of this. They get their joints attacked in practice and matches and seem to fair alright. Train in a non static position ie multi plane, use suspension trainers, sandbag work, unbalanced loads. Train for functional fitness. Train mobility. Unsure if we don't. Just ideas we could do.

Not that this couldn't help but this would have no bearing on most of the injuries. You don't get a third player to roll up on you from behind in MMA.