Let the sellout streak end

Now, too bad a 5 star recruit isnt immediately swayed to come to Lincoln because of it. He thinks "Oh? Thats neat."

Pretty sure those high-caliber recruits are swayed when they watch "the pride of all Nebraska" do their show before the game. <_<

You jest, yet I bet Ohio States Band has landed at least one recruit. Damn impressive.

I'm completely shocked at the AD's statement of support for Pelini. At least make a statement indicating his demeanor and behavior is not acceptable. Perhaps they are waiting til after the bowl game, but if this is the case, that is a huge mistake. There is no benefit in waiting. And if the plan is to keep Bo long-term, I guess the AD is willing to settle for mediocrity. A Pelini-coached team will never make it very far with his poor example of leadership, and his inability to truly coach. We keep hearing he's a fundamentals kind of coach, but week in and week out we see a complete lack of execution. So if the guy can't coach, and is a bad representative for the entire Nebraska program and university, what's the point in keeping him. My guess is you'll start to see more and more empty seats at Memorial stadium, and Eichorst can be known as the AD that helped bring along an end to the infamous sellout streak. What is the

noperocket.gif

That's a cute dress you're wearing, walks

So now we're debating the definition of "waitlist"? This is like those threads that try to redefine "sellout streak". If there really ARE unsold seats at some point, the university will lower its required or expected donations enough to reduce the "waitlist" and fill those seats.

If we reach a point at which people can get those seats, en masse, the day of the game by walking up to the stadium ticket offices, well, then I think we can safely say the waitlist is gone. Until then, it will remain . . . a "waitlist".

I have now typed "waitlist" so often, and read it so often, that it now seems like a word in some foreign language.

Empty seats on national television is more damaging than not buying tickets. I plan to keep my season tickets, just not attend or give them to family members this coming year. And don't call me a fair weather fan, all the fair weather fans left during the Callahan years. A "real" fan doesn't sit idly as something he loves is dragged through the mud.

• Fire 1

Empty seats on national television is more damaging than not buying tickets. I plan to keep my season tickets, just not attend or give them to family members this coming year. And don't call me a fair weather fan, all the fair weather fans left during the Callahan years. A "real" fan doesn't sit idly as something he loves is dragged through the mud.

So to prove a "point" your'e going to leave empty seats open to damage the coach...........

So to prove a "point" your'e going to leave empty seats open to damage the coach...........

Isn't that one of those things that defines a "Real Fan"?

fOwdC.gif

You guys are really missing the point. I fully support the players, but am pis*ed off at this coaching staff for not having them prepared on the field on a week to week basis. It's not fair to the players. All programs have injuries, new players, etc... but year in and year out we see Bo's team commit too many turnover, penalties, missed tackles, etc... and unless Bo can actually deliver what he's been preaching for 6 years ("It's all about execution" and "We are here to win championships"), you are going to see more and more empty seats at the stadium.

I would much rather have a coach that can have the team prepared on the field week in and week out, playing good sound fundamental football than worry about some sellout streak.

I don't think it makes you a bad fan if you decide to not renew your season tickets. It's a cost-benefit thing. If you feel the product on the field is worth the amount you pay then you will continue to buy the tickets. If not, someone without a wait will pay market value for the tickets. It doesn't make you a bad fan if you just don't want to drop thousands of dollars to watch the team by 20 3 times per year.

I personally will be keeping mine but have some friends who just don't feel the product is currently worth the price of admission. That doesn't make me a superior fan.

The streak will never end. It doesn't matter if that top balcony is completely vacant as long as the tickets were sold. And UNL will not allow the tickets to go unsold. Boosters and big businesses will buy them and take the loss.

If Boosters and the big businesses are just as displeased with the crappy performance we've been putting on the field, perhaps they will save their money. Regardless, you'll see more and more empty seats in the stadium as a sign of how much the fans appreciate having a head coach that doesn't know how to coach the fundamentals.

Someone else will be willing to sit in your seat.

:thumbs :thumbs :thumbs