Let the sellout streak end

• 6 months later...

Its not me calling it a waitlist. That's what's so funny about this. There's so much time being spent worrying about who is or isn't "liked" on the board that we're just ignoring the truth.

UNL calls it a waitlist. Does UNL like Po more?

http://m.huskers.com...=&DB_OEM_ID=100

And the goalpost is moving even further.

Why don't you tell me one thing in this entire thread that I have said incorrectly. I have said a lot, don't sit and argue semantics with me when the substance is accurate.

Cool, they call it a "waitlist". I'm talking about the "years" of waitlist and paying that Po's sister has been done. Post 123, why don't you address that and try to prove me wrong. Post 128, take a look at that.

You, UNL, anyone can call it what they want. I will call it a friggin wait list as long as you realize that there are no years of waiting on it if you are willing to pay the market price. Go back to my car example, if you want to call person X being on a wait list because they offer to pay $5000 less than market value for a car, then call it a wait list or what ever you want, but that doesn't change the fact that there is NO WAITING if you simply pay market value.

I really don't care what you call it. Me, UNL and Po's sister call it a waitlist. Mostly because it's a waitlist but also a little bit because it's a waitlist.

Waitlist.

You can keep calling it a waitlist, but the athletic office has now burned through all interested buyers on this mythical waitlist and is now trying to sell remaining tickets to anyone who will possibly take them. This is after all current renewals, all new season ticket purchasers, months of ads on local media websites, giving away season tickets to anyone who has graduated in the last 3 years without a donation (total cost is $392), and offering no donation seats for the first time in memory. All of this being with most tickets being offered at more than 50% discount from just a few years ago.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=209523845

• Fire 2

We can be flip, or, we can look at the facts:

Nebraska is nearing entering it's third decade removed from a national championship, nearly 15 years from playing for one, and 15 again from a conference championship.

The stadium has grown, and very close to a generation of Husker fans have come of age knowing no glory.

Couple that with better TV's, every game on TV, more things to do in the two urban areas, less desire to travel in from rural Nebraska, and a pretty mediocre home schedule, well, I can't say I'm surprised.

But hey! Good news for me! I'm probably going to save money when I try and catch a game this year.

• Fire 2

We can also go with facts like this...

From the expansion, they have 6,000 more seats to fill and 38 skybox suites...for all we know, this is all they have left to sell.

Let's stop building up molehills into mountains.

The expansion was the first thing I said. Although I think that the boxes/suites still fill up rather quickly, it's the "cheap" seats they're having trouble with.

We can also go with facts like this...

From the expansion, they have 6,000 more seats to fill and 38 skybox suites...for all we know, this is all they have left to sell.

Let's stop building up molehills into mountains.

The expansion was the first thing I said. Although I think that the boxes/suites still fill up rather quickly, it's the "cheap" seats they're having trouble with.
Which I'm sure they could sell as single game tickets rather easily.

Well we know there are seats available in North stadium half way up because I checked yesterday.

Possibly because the people who used to have the cheap seats in North Stadium have moved into the other seats. :dunno

Theyre still askin full face price for tix. Until that price starts to drop to the twenties theres mothing to worry about. Sure the donations and waiting list took a hit. But theres no sellout streak rule that says what the tix have to sell for. On top of the fact there are some major donors/boosters that simply will not all ow it to happen. Im still trying to get a grip on the lack of common sense that allows this to keep coming up

But who knows. Im probably wrong. Why wouldn't our dept do everything possible to keep alive the most prized and cherished streak in college sports?

• Fire 1

We can be flip, or, we can look at the facts:

Nebraska is nearing entering it's third decade removed from a national championship, nearly 15 years from playing for one, and 15 again from a conference championship.

1990?
2000's

2010's

2020's

Apperently with more than half the decade left, thats near the end. And we've already written of the 2020's as having no championships either. Glad he filled us in on that. Now I can quit stressin over husker football all the time. 2030. Here we come.

• Fire 2

Theyre still askin full face price for tix. Until that price starts to drop to the twenties theres mothing to worry about. Sure the donations and waiting list took a hit. But theres no sellout streak rule that says what the tix have to sell for. On top of the fact there are some major donors/boosters that simply will not all ow it to happen. Im still trying to get a grip on the lack of common sense that allows this to keep coming up

But who knows. Im probably wrong. Why would our dept do everything possible to keep alive the most prized and cherished streak in college sports.

Probably because some feel with the product on the field. The sell out streak is about the only thing going for the program right now. I'm starting to believe that myself as we have talented kids. Yet keep making the same mental errors every week.