Let the sellout streak end

My mom who is an alumn from UNL, originally had season tickets when she was married to my dad in 1990. My dad got them in the divorce, so my mom applied for the season tickets this year and got them in North Stadium row 91 and seats 4 and 5. My mom always tells me stories about her walking up to row 93 when she was pregnant with me.

Written about the possible end to Michigan's 251-sellout streak, but applicable to NU's situation: http://m.thepostgame.com/blog/road-saturday/201406/college-football-fan-stadium-students-business-tv-ncaa-michigan-tickets

It's an impressive streak the vulvarines have going there. But it's a streak of selling 100k tickets to each home game, not a sellout streak. I guess they would argue that it's more impressive than our streak since it involves more fans attending the games. :lol:

It'll be fine. We're a little squeezed at the moment because we probably overdid the expansion in a time of program stagnation, but ticket demand steadily grew despite the Solich and Callahan years and it will continue to do so in the future as long as the Athletic Department doesn't get greedy and alienate fans.

Mas linkage..... McKeon weighs in.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/fans-tv-college-football-stadiums-corporate-athletic-departments-and-the/article_4cbd90a4-fd51-11e3-a223-0017a43b2370.html

--So, a few things.

For such a "non issue", man there sure seems to be a lot of attention being paid to it, and perhaps even a sense of urgency to fill seats?

After you read the article (please read the article), I hope you agree that the statement, "beer would turn as many people away as it would bring in" as patently ridiculous. Lincoln is not Provo freaking Utah. And lets not pretend its a stadium of teetotalers who never touch the stuff when kickoff hits.

And, I'm curious how many articles we can write until a few crux issues are discussed as to why there's maybe a squishy interest in selling out the stadium. Up to and including the product on the field, the abundance of FCS teams to protect a record and a coach who has shown he doesn't much like the fanbase at times.

Its not an issue Polo. Like I said. Every game will be sold out this year. Mark it.

My theory on why its grabbing attention? Because the waiting list has been depleted by two major seating expansions within a decade. Non-renewals no longer have that 5000-butt cushion to lay back on. But one thing i dont get what you doomergloomer cant get through your head is that as long as theyre still asking full face price and not running specials and promotions like a damn theme park there really isnt anything to worry about.

And dont aske why i keep coming back to argue this point. I think its petty and idiotic. And i also refuse to take the bait of your attempt to spin this into another "bo sucks" thread.

• Fire 3

Its not an issue Polo. Like I said. Every game will be sold out this year. Mark it.

My theory on why its grabbing attention? Because the waiting list has been depleted by two major seating expansions within a decade. Non-renewals no longer have that 5000-butt cushion to lay back on. But one thing i dont get what you doomergloomer cant get through your head is that as long as theyre still asking full face price and not running specials and promotions like a damn theme park there really isnt anything to worry about.

And dont aske why i keep coming back to argue this point. I think its petty and idiotic. And i also refuse to take the bait of your attempt to spin this into another "bo sucks" thread.

Well the donation price hasn't gone up in the first time I can remember.

And I'm not trying to turn any thread into a "coach x sucks" thread. The product and his attitude are real issues.

Further, like I've said, this issue doesn't exist for Michigan and Nebraska the minute they go back to having Michigan and Nebraska style years. This article and this thread reeks of excuses.

What excuses? The streak isnt ending this year. And frankly the notion that its even considered to be in question has nothing to blame but ourselves. We're the ones that have added 10000 seats in a 7 year span and completely depleted a waiting list of over 5000 names. So no, there hasnt been an increase in donations cuz theres no one left to donate. Please tell me why this common sense concept is so hard to understand instead of this "issue" being a direct result of such "horrible" play.

• Fire 3

Also i should add that 85%of the reason this is gaining steam and being written about by the shstels and mckewons is because of this thread on every messageboard. Without this topic present like it is, business goes on as usual and the streak continues with no worries. Which it will anyway.

• Fire 1

. Please tell me why this common sense concept is so hard to understand instead of this "issue" being a direct result of such "horrible" play.

Uh, because if there was a 11+ win season coupled with a conference title and/ or a BCS berth this wouldn't exist? I mean it would not exist.

• Fire 4

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/fans-tv-college-football-stadiums-corporate-athletic-departments-and-the/article_4cbd90a4-fd51-11e3-a223-0017a43b2370.html

--So, a few things.

For such a "non issue", man there sure seems to be a lot of attention being paid to it, and perhaps even a sense of urgency to fill seats?

After you read the article (please read the article), I hope you agree that the statement, "beer would turn as many people away as it would bring in" as patently ridiculous. Lincoln is not Provo freaking Utah. And lets not pretend its a stadium of teetotalers who never touch the stuff when kickoff hits.

And, I'm curious how many articles we can write until a few crux issues are discussed as to why there's maybe a squishy interest in selling out the stadium. Up to and including the product on the field, the abundance of FCS teams to protect a record and a coach who has shown he doesn't much like the fanbase at times.

Man, that article was long and not worth the read, whatsoever. The worst part, it doesn't even address the reason for the ticket advertisement this year. According to NU officials, the marketing campaign for tickets this year is meant to draw attention to the new "fan-friendly" ordering format. For example, you can now request specific seating for season tickets, where in the past you couldn't. Simple answer, but never discussed.

Anyway, Nebraska is definitely enhancing the fan experience for games in terms of game day experience (wifi, sound system, and exclusive stadium app) and pregame experience (select your seat for season ticket holders). I know there are a number of reasons why attendance could/has fallen off for many teams around the country, including Nebraska. However, it seems like NU officials are making the effort to get ahead of the issue before attendance (as measured in ticket sales and the sell-out streak) becomes a real issue.

. Please tell me why this common sense concept is so hard to understand instead of this "issue" being a direct result of such "horrible" play.

Uh, because if there was a 11+ win season coupled with a conference title and/ or a BCS berth this wouldn't exist? I mean it would not exist.

Prove it.

I bet there are plenty of folks out there just like you who still wouldnt be happy about somethin.

Me? I can prove that had we not expanded seating by 5000+ seats less than a year ago, we would still have a nice long waiting list, with most likely increased donations. Yeah. I'll go with what we DO know, and not some speculation.

With that said. I do agree. LOL. Winning something of demand would *probably* (I say probably, cuz I'm not 100% sure. We may very well be maxed out as far as a fanbase goes that will consistently fill the place, in terms of economics, logistics, etc. Just a thought. Even some higher ups including Osborne alluded to this when this recent expansion was set up) increase demand. Hence, we're not sure if the wins and losses the is main issue. We know the expansions are.

• Fire 3

--So, a few things.

Their job is to talk about topics the fans are talking about, or trending. So this thread constantly getting bumped (yes, quite a few of the writers do read the board) makes it appear to be a hot-button issue.

Well the donation price hasn't gone up in the first time I can remember.

Actually, the donation level went down after 2012 season and into the 2013 season with the newest expansion of East Stadium. You may not remember that, but it happened.