Playoff System

Scratchtown

One thing that differs the SEC from everyone is that the SEC is important to all SEC teams. They champion the conference. They support the other teams when they play OOC. You watch, no matter which team wins on Saturday, coaches, ADs, fans & SEC mouth pieces all alike will champion that team to the NC game. The SEC is a draw to players because of all of those things. And all the teams bring in top players.

This is important. I know I didn't care about the conference in the B12, but I sure do know.

I got so disgusted with this issue a few years ago that I swore I was finished with it but since we are finally getting a playoff next year I will say this.

Once again, we have a year where we need a playoff.

I'm sitting here listening to the ESPN pukes gushing about how the system just has a way of working its self out. They claim OSU loses and clearly auburn is the most deserving team to play for it..

WTF......please tell me why they are any different than several other one loss teams?

Thank god this joke of a system will start to be fixed next year.

I agree about the playoff but the four team tourney just got a lot more cloudy. FSU, Auburn and Bama would be in but who after that? Ohio State? Missouri? Stanford? Baylor? Michigan State?

Funny how those teams would make a nice eight team tourney (although I wouldn't go for more than two from the same conference myself so Oklahoma State, Oregon or Clemson would be the eight team).

I got so disgusted with this issue a few years ago that I swore I was finished with it but since we are finally getting a playoff next year I will say this.

I'm sitting here listening to the ESPN pukes gushing about how the system just has a way of working its self out. They claim OSU loses and clearly auburn is the most deserving team to play for it..

WTF......please tell me why they are any different than several other one loss teams?

I feel just the opposite and always will....

if we have a playoff this year it rewards the teams with one loss (Baylor, Auburn, MSU maybe Bama) and punishes the only team out right deserving of a title shot (FSU). FSU would have to play an additional game to earn their spot.

If they really wanted to be fair they'd let all the one loss teams slug it out first over the next couple of weeks then have the title game like usual in January.

I feel just the opposite and always will....

if we have a playoff this year it rewards the teams with one loss (Baylor, Auburn, MSU maybe Bama) and punishes the only team out right deserving of a title shot (FSU). FSU would have to play an additional game to earn their spot.

If they really wanted to be fair they'd let all the one loss teams slug it out first over the next couple of weeks then have the title game like usual in January.

So....let me get this straight. It's a great system that allows a one loss Auburn to play for a championship but not any other one loss team.

BUT...a system that would allow those teams to play for one would be horrible because it rewards a one loss team?

• 3 months later...

New details about playoff selections committee from ESPN here LINK

Not alot new but I thought it noteworthy that they are sticking with the concept of voting for the top 25 teams. Not 1-25 but flat out top 25 teams. You wont be able to tell where each team technically sits.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stewart Mandel@slmandel 4m

Nuggets so far from the @CFBPlayoff meetings … 1) Like the Final Four, the official site of January's championship game is North Texas.

Stewart Mandel@slmandel 2m

2) The semis will be officially branded as "The College Football Playoff Semifinal at the Rose Bowl" and "at the Sugar Bowl."

Stewart Mandel@slmandel 46s

3) While there will still be rose logos on the Rose Bowl field, the primary image at midfield for both semis will be the CFB Playoff logo.