Comments from the Shawn Eichorst "Sports Nightly" appearance last night

knapplc

Why does everyone throw the money thing into it? Who cares if he make a million or 30 million...SE has a belief and his own set of rules and he follows them and I would hope he continues too. I imagine that is what got him to where he is at right now. I would rather have a guy that looks at the big picture and rationalizes things instead of jumping the gun.

Good comments and he has a LOT more info than we have about Bo. I can't help but wonder what a HEALTHY team would have done this year. He was in a tough spot, and I think he handled it pretty well.

I've often thought about this in the last couple of weeks. I'm sure that most teams in the nation can play the "what if" game, but we have had so many injuries, especially on offense. I can't help but wonder what a healthy offense would have been able to do. I'm not saying that we would have been in the national championship picture, but I'm guessing that a couple of our losses would have been wins.

Sounds like this AD is a good one. Wasn't it nice to hear someone say.... I visited with the fans and I care about what they think. Although this may sound stupid, when people feel like their opinions are being heard, they are more likely to agree with what's going on with the program, even if those plans are not exactly in tune with their personal feeling of how it should go.

I am thinking that if we could get somebody to be the official spokesman for the team and have the media talk less to Bo, that would be a plus. Bo is a good coach but is AWFUL with the media. I am sure there is no way to make that work, but it would be fantastic if it could.

In the likely case that a spokesman can't be hired, and we are stuck with the current arrangement, I am starting to think Bo needs to have some help with his rage issues, like a personal development coach. Maybe he has one. And a public speaking course wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Good comments and he has a LOT more info than we have about Bo. I can't help but wonder what a HEALTHY team would have done this year. He was in a tough spot, and I think he handled it pretty well.

So you're a Husker fan AND A&M fan?...

This seems like an irrelevant question. Just because most of us are Husker fans and have no other loyalties doesn't mean somebody couldn't have multiple loyalties. I have tried to have a second favorite team before and it didn't work for me at all. Doesn't mean it can't work for someone else though. A&M has a pretty cool tradition and I can see why someone would gravitate towards that program.

I have two favorite teams as well, my number one team is the Huskers of course, but my second favorite team is anyone that happens to be playing Texass! I don't really know why, but I just can't stand Texass.

I have two favorite teams as well, my number one team is the Huskers of course, but my second favorite team is anyone that happens to be playing Texass! I don't really know why, but I just can't stand Texass.

There used to be a popular bumper sticker to this affect regarding Oklahoma. So you aren't alone with this thought ;)

...he obviously wasn't looking to can Bo, who obviously could've stood to hear some support.

How do you know?

Which part? I'll explain both.

Bo served his head up on a plate Friday but still has a job. If you are looking to get rid of Bo you do it this past weekend fairly controversy-free. You don't give Bo the opportunity to turn things with a bowl win. We may play Texas, beat them and Bo gets signficant support back. Possible we screw the pooch in the bowl and SE makes a move but IMO it's to say firing wasn't the plan because the perfect firing opportunity came and went

You can't look at Bo's behavior during and after the game and say the job-situation wasn't involved? Hell Bo was overheard questioning why he should do the tv show if he wasn't going to be coach anymore. Bo didn't know his status or even seem to have a feel for it. Better communication than that is needed. Bo's meltdown could've been averted if SE dealt with that toxic situation rather than let it fester. If Bo is the guy he should've gotten support before Saturday.

...he obviously wasn't looking to can Bo, who obviously could've stood to hear some support.

How do you know?

Bo served his head up on a plate Friday but still has a job. If you are looking to get rid of Bo you do it this past weekend fairly controversy-free. You don't give Bo the opportunity to turn things with a bowl win. We may play Texas, beat them and Bo gets signficant support back. Possible we screw the pooch in the bowl and SE makes a move but IMO it's to say firing wasn't the plan because the perfect firing opportunity came and went

You can't look at Bo's behavior during and after the game and say the job-situation wasn't involved? Hell Bo was overheard questioning why he should do the tv show if he wasn't going to be coach anymore. Bo didn't know his status or even seem to have a feel for it. Better communication than that is needed. Bo's meltdown could've been averted if SE dealt with that toxic situation rather than let it fester. If Bo is the guy he should've gotten support before Saturday.

All I'm saying is that you can't make a statement like "he obviously wasn't looking to can Bo" just based on the fact that Bo didn't get fired. You're on the outside looking in and seeing very little. You have no idea what went on behind closed doors, who talked to who, what boosters might have had to say with the weight of money, if Osborne was involved, if he had Perlman's permission or had his hands tied, etc. etc. etc.

It's equally just as possible that he was looking at nothing but canning Bo but was unable to. We just don't know.

LOL, the guy needs to take responsibility rather than rationalize his ridiculous inaction the previous two weeks. At minimum he should've said something to Bo earlier, he obviously wasn't looking to can Bo, who obviously could've stood to hear some level of support. Bo and probably the staff/team was ragged-out by all this drama and it was obvious after the game he was ready for the axe to fall. In terms of a public statement all SE basically needed to do was have the minimal foresight to release a statement along the lines of the one release post-Iowa saying not to believe the rumor-mill and that any evaluation weren't planned til after the season. Any rumors you hear are just that, baseless, and this activity is distracting for a program trying to win games.

I don't care how you like to handle things, this was a situation that needed to be dealt with and he is getting paid a million per to do it.

And look how many people took his statement after the game and twisted it to say what they wanted. Also, I remember hearing quite often that evaluations will be after the season.

How do you know?

All I'm saying is that you can't make a statement like "he obviously wasn't looking to can Bo" just based on the fact that Bo didn't get fired. You're on the outside looking in and seeing very little. You have no idea what went on behind closed doors, who talked to who, what boosters might have had to say with the weight of money, if Osborne was involved, if he had Perlman's permission or had his hands tied, etc. etc. etc.

It's equally just as possible that he was looking at nothing but canning Bo but was unable to. We just don't know.

Come-on, you are nit-picking. Of course others are involved and stuff goes on behind closed doors, but SE is mouthpiece for it all. I'm stating the fact that despite Bo serving his head up on a platter Friday nothing happened. Thus it's safe to say that going into Friday it wasn't planned to get rid of Bo. For the sake of argument let's say your scenario is correct and he wanted to fire but couldn't get enough support. It was still his job to get the coach's back and address the situation.

I frimly a believe a healthy Tmart would have us at 12-0 right now. Unfortunately, he probably hasn't been healthy since the beginning of his RS freshman year.

I frimly a believe a healthy Tmart would have us at 12-0 right now. Unfortunately, he probably hasn't been healthy since the beginning of his RS freshman year.

I don't really think we would be 12-0, but I believe we would be 10-2 at the very worst.