A Question for Pelini Defenders

As is evident with many threads in here, many fans are divided on their support of Pelini. For those who think he should be removed as our head coach, my question is this:

Bo has preached the importance of winning championships the minute he walked into Nebraska, and promised to return Nebraska to a championship program again. How many conference championships must he win before he garners your support? If he wins a championship next year, will you still support him? How about 3 or 5 championships?

Since you ignored my reply above, I'll make it bigger....

Last I checked we had a lot of opportunities for conference championships since he started...so he took us from having no business with championships in 2007 to actually playing for them the next year and continued to do so until just this year.

So....

Dude, I stepped away for a minute, but it sounds like you are fine with making it to a conference title game as an end goal for this program. Thanks for clarifying!

I have a suspicion that many of the people on Team Bo don't really care about him winning championships.

I would classify myself as neither a Bo support nor a Bo hater. I would have been fine either way SA went after the season.

However, this statement is a crock of crap.

So obviously what I said does not apply to you. I'm talking about the apologists who in 10 years, when Bo still hasn't won a championship, will still be praising him for his teams' graduation rates, or for how much the players adore him. 8 win seasons are enough. The occasional CCG appearance is enough. Moral victories are enough.

So maybe I misspoke. Bolievers would love to win a championship to validate their cult of personality, but failing to do so will never be seen as a negative and certainly wouldn't be grounds for termination.

Once again, not true. Just because someone thinks Bo is the guy for next few years doesn't mean they're resigned to mediocrity. Quit trying to pigeonhole people into tidy roles you think you can define...it doesn't work.

So you're saying that there really are no rabid Bo backers, and that the support of the people I'm referring to only extends to the "next few years"?

I have a suspicion that many of the people on Team Bo don't really care about him winning championships.

There's a huge misconception that Bo supporters are 100% satisfied and don't want anymore out of the program. Nobody is satisfied and everybody wants to win championships. I just realize that the program isn't a cesspool just because it's not up to my expectations.

Thank you so much for this. I think we are closer to a championship under Bo than hiriing another coach. I also wonder what qualifications we would look for in a new head coach. If we do the blind resume test, wouldn't a guy who has never won fewer than 9 games, played in the conference championship game in 3 of his 6 seasons, turned a major program around in one year, and has had very few off the field issues and NCAA violations be pretty high on our list?

There's a huge misconception that Bo supporters are 100% satisfied and don't want anymore out of the program. Nobody is satisfied and everybody wants to win championships. I just realize that the program isn't a cesspool just because it's not up to my expectations.

Thank you so much for this. I think we are closer to a championship under Bo than hiriing another coach. I also wonder what qualifications we would look for in a new head coach. If we do the blind resume test, wouldn't a guy who has never won fewer than 9 games, played in the conference championship game in 3 of his 6 seasons, turned a major program around in one year, and has had very few off the field issues and NCAA violations be pretty high on our list?

If they decide to move on, I hope one of the requirements is to keep the walk-on program. That is a big one for me anyways.

As is evident with many threads in here, many fans are divided on their support of Pelini. For those who think he should be removed as our head coach, my question is this:

Bo has preached the importance of winning championships the minute he walked into Nebraska, and promised to return Nebraska to a championship program again. How many conference championships must he win before he garners your support? If he wins a championship next year, will you still support him? How about 3 or 5 championships?

Since you ignored my reply above, I'll make it bigger....

Last I checked we had a lot of opportunities for conference championships since he started...so he took us from having no business with championships in 2007 to actually playing for them the next year and continued to do so until just this year.

So....

Dude, I stepped away for a minute, but it sounds like you are fine with making it to a conference title game as an end goal for this program. Thanks for clarifying!

I'm comfortable with being given the opportunity to play for a title. Are you NOT happy with being able to play for a title? Don't you have to have the opportunity to play for a title to win it?

No doubt...I don't expect NU to win a title every year, but I'm not happy with going 6 seasons and having no conference championship. Getting to the title game and getting obliterated like we did against Wisconsin is not my definition of success.

beating_a_dead_horse2-300x199.jpg

I love the picture man. With that said, I'm really just looking for a number....how many more years would you give Bo without winning a conference title?

4 more yrs

His first 5 years he righted the ship and learned how to be a head coach.

Now he's into his second 5 yrs and the rubber meets the road. Yet, what if he takes his team to the CCG ranked inside the top 10-12 the next 3 yrs and losses to a NC caliber OSU? All we can ask for is a shot. And he's given us a shot 3 out of 6 yrs.

I think the next 4 yrs will make or break him as far as championships meeting expectations.

I have said it before and I will say it again. In the end the only thing that will make us happy is undefeated seasons.

People pretend like they are okay with being competitive and having a few close losses but the truth is that after two seasons of that it will be "Coach X can't close out games" or "Coach X got out coached again"

I want undefeated seasons, we all do. Until there is a sweet 16 team playoff where you can have 2 or maybe 3 losses and still make it in, we all want a big fat 0 in the loss column.

• Fire 2

No doubt...I don't expect NU to win a title every year, but I'm not happy with going 6 seasons and having no conference championship. Getting to the title game and getting obliterated like we did against Wisconsin is not my definition of success.

So here's your alternatives to what we've been doing:

1. Win the title game (this is what you and everyone else who likes Bo or hates him prefers)

2. Not make it to the title game

We can agree that #2 is bad right? So we've played for the conference title every year except this one...I'd say he has our program going in the right direction when the only alternative is to NOT play for conference championships.

We didn't play for a conference title in 2011 :dunno

I would classify myself as neither a Bo support nor a Bo hater. I would have been fine either way SA went after the season.

However, this statement is a crock of crap.

So obviously what I said does not apply to you. I'm talking about the apologists who in 10 years, when Bo still hasn't won a championship, will still be praising him for his teams' graduation rates, or for how much the players adore him. 8 win seasons are enough. The occasional CCG appearance is enough. Moral victories are enough.

So maybe I misspoke. Bolievers would love to win a championship to validate their cult of personality, but failing to do so will never be seen as a negative and certainly wouldn't be grounds for termination.

You still don't get it.

funny, most of the Bo ass kissers don't answer your question, they simply make light of your post or post completely stupid pictures of things that add nothing to the conversation. Get used to it, that's how they roll.

My answer, 2 years ago. Bo I full of sh#t. He talks a lot but NEVER backs it up. That's what you get when you hire a narcissistic man-child with no emotional control.

Says the guy who calls everyone a Bo Ass kisser.

How about you keep it cordial instead of being a tool?

Says the person who just called another person a tool.

1. Win the title game (this is what you and everyone else who likes Bo or hates him prefers)

We can agree that #2 is bad right? So we've played for the conference title every year except this one...I'd say he has our program going in the right direction when the only alternative is to NOT play for conference championships.

We've played in 3 title games out of 6 years of Pelini, with a peak in 2009 where we went toe to toe with a team that went to the BCS championship. I was high on Bo after that season, and had a great deal of hope. Since then, though, we seem to be going further and further away from how close we came in 2009 to winning the title. I would be stunned if Nebraska would somehow win the Legends division next year, especially considering we play at Wisconsin and have shown no signs of being able to stop a rushing attack like that (as was evident in our Minnesota loss this year).

funny, most of the Bo ass kissers don't answer your question, they simply make light of your post or post completely stupid pictures of things that add nothing to the conversation. Get used to it, that's how they roll.

My answer, 2 years ago. Bo I full of sh#t. He talks a lot but NEVER backs it up. That's what you get when you hire a narcissistic man-child with no emotional control.

Says the guy who calls everyone a Bo Ass kisser.

How about you keep it cordial instead of being a tool?

Says the person who just called another person a tool.

Says the guy that................Wait what are we doing here?

We've played in 3 title games out of 6 years of Pelini, with a peak in 2009 where we went toe to toe with a team that went to the BCS championship. I was high on Bo after that season, and had a great deal of hope. Since then, though, we seem to be going further and further away from how close we came in 2009 to winning the title. I would be stunned if Nebraska would somehow win the Legends division next year, especially considering we play at Wisconsin and have shown no signs of being able to stop a rushing attack like that (as was evident in our Minnesota loss this year).

FAU-W (ZOMG you guys! Tommy Armstrong for Heisman, we showed them for firing Carl)

McNeese St-W (Espn hates us! We didn't lead off Sportscenter, and why aren't we in the top 15 yet? Stupid bias!)

Fresno-St-close W (man Fresno is a hornet's nest! You watch, they'd give FSU a run! That new freshman QB that passed for 400 on us will be a stud!)

Miami- L. (Tough team guys. Too many mistakes at home. Lot of guys banged up from that Fresno dogfight.)

Illinois-W (we're back! WE SHOULD BE RANKED!)

Michigan St-L (it's ok, all of our goals are still intact. Do you see how many of our guys are hurt. NO OTHER TEAM HAS HURT PLAYERS,)

Northwestern- toss up (man can you feel this new rivalry?)

Rutgers-Toss up ( we'll show these guys what Big Ten football is all about-----wow great game! Hats off to these guys, what a great addition!)

Purdue-W (YOU GUYS WE ARE SO CLOSE, WHY HASNT EICHORST EXTENDED BO TO 2198?)

Wisconsin-L (what I'm most mad about guys is not that we lost by 34, but a lot of Wisconsin fans knew I was a Nebraska fan and they didn't kiss my hand as a thank you for my presence, they instead made fun of me. What a classless school. I'd rather go 2-11 then be a winner and act like that).

Minnesota-L. (Well of course we lost, everyone is hurt and that Wisconsin team had to hurt our guys' feelings. What they need now is our support).

Iowa- toss up (Oh so you want to play for championships every year? We'll SABAN AINT COMING HERE, lol. (Posts gif)

Bowl Game- L (you tell me who'd come here, what with fans saying this team isn't good. Did you not see Stanton play? 2015 is OUR YEAR!)

-and about 20,000 other threads that look just like this one.

• Fire 7

FAU-W (ZOMG you guys! Tommy Armstrong for Heisman, we showed them for firing Carl)

McNeese St-W (Espn hates us! We didn't lead off Sportscenter, and why aren't we in the top 15 yet? Stupid bias!)

Fresno-St-close W (man Fresno is a hornet's nest! You watch, they'd give FSU a run! That new freshman QB that passed for 400 on us will be a stud!)

Miami- L. (Tough team guys. Too many mistakes at home. Lot of guys banged up from that Fresno dogfight.)

Illinois-W (we're back! WE SHOULD BE RANKED!)

Michigan St-L (it's ok, all of our goals are still intact. Do you see how many of our guys are hurt. NO OTHER TEAM HAS HURT PLAYERS,)

Northwestern- toss up (man can you feel this new rivalry?)

Rutgers-Toss up ( we'll show these guys what Big Ten football is all about-----wow great game! Hats off to these guys, what a great addition!)

Purdue-W (YOU GUYS WE ARE SO CLOSE, WHY HASNT EICHORST EXTENDED BO TO 2198?)

Wisconsin-L (what I'm most mad about guys is not that we lost by 34, but a lot of Wisconsin fans knew I was a Nebraska fan and they didn't kiss my hand as a thank you for my presence, they instead made fun of me. What a classless school. I'd rather go 2-11 then be a winner and act like that).

Minnesota-L. (Well of course we lost, everyone is hurt and that Wisconsin team had to hurt our guys' feelings. What they need now is our support).

Iowa- toss up (Oh so you want to play for championships every year? We'll SABAN AINT COMING HERE, lol. (Posts gif)

Bowl Game- L (you tell me who'd come here, what with fans saying this team isn't good. Did you not see Stanton play? 2015 is OUR YEAR!)

-and about 20,000 other threads that look just like this one.

K.