Mack Brown to Nebraska

Not sure why everyone is hating on this so much.

Recruiting would not be any worse than it is under Bo and probably much better.

And I suspect that Brown would bring in big-name, autonomous coordinators that would do most of the Xs and Os. Brown would be the hands-off, CEO, "spokesman" coach that all of us wish Pelini would be, but that he cannot.

It's actually not a terrible idea.

wink.gif

No Duke got smashed because it was a bad team. A bad team that made it to the conference championship. That tells you all you need to know about the ACC.

And once again, this thread has nothing to do with Nebraska under BP. It is about if Mack Brown would be a good coach here.

You can't always be a top ten team nowadays.

You don't say? Seems like that's what most people consistently expect.

No Duke got smashed because it was a bad team. A bad team that made it to the conference championship. That tells you all you need to know about the ACC.

And once again, this thread has nothing to do with Nebraska under BP. It is about if Mack Brown would be a good coach here.

You can't always be a top ten team nowadays.

You don't say? Seems like that's what most people consistently expect.

If that was the case, at least for Nebraska fans, then we probably wouldn't have threads on a 64-team playoff that actually gets NU into a relevant post-season.

The only addition Mack could bring, would be better relationships with boosters. The man is golden on that side of the game. I hope Texas beats Oregon, and he goes off into the sunset. He deserves to be remembered better than he is currently. A good man, a close friend of Tom's, just hung around too long. I think he could have stayed until the end of his contract, but the hate within the fan base was just too much. I do not see him going anywhere else, even though he still wants to coach. My guess is he will end up at some Texas high school, doing what he loves.

Sad to see legends end like this. So glad Tom ended his coaching on the highnote.

I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that the Longhorn Network turned Texas football into a reality show. Most any coach is going to fail there today (by Texas standards). They need a politician or a TV personality, not a HC. Bo won't let the media watch practice - but at Texas the assistants and players are mic'd most of the time.

Texas sold out, and I think we'll see the damage of trying to be an NFL team in college football come out eventually.

Yea they hired a Steve Paterson, I think he was at Arizona, an alum. Mack will end up doing something with the boosters or like I said, be involved with at High School program in Texas.

Am I the only one who about choked when I first read that name?

Lol nope. I was truly hoping.......

First act as AD: Introducing your new Longhorn coach, Bill Callahan!