2014 Alternate Unis?

Redux

These are awful. Who is designing these? Even worse, who is approving these?! You shouldn't wear red on red, let alone red on red on red. Frankly, I'm embarrassed by these.

The worst part is the terrible screenprinted numbers that don't even know whether they are white, gray, silver, or black.

I'm embarrassed too. Last year's design was at least reasonably good although certainly not a home run; this year's and 2012s have been horrific.

Still by far the best idea I've seen was one posted on this board where someone took our regular red home unis, made zero changes to the design except for replacing almost all of the color red with black. Simple, clean, and very cool. In other words, not something that adidas would ever come up with...

• Fire 1

For all of those who want a basic black uniform, can someone tell me why? That's the lazy route to go with and it's lame. NU's colors are scarlet and cream (red and white for the laymen). Yes NU has used black as a trim color for some apparel and there are the Blackshirts, but the Blackshirts are just a practice jersey.

The traditional game uniforms in the modern era have always been red and white. So, IMO if the team is going to go with an alt uniform, the uniform should be primarily RED!!!

These are awful. Who is designing these? Even worse, who is approving these?! You shouldn't wear red on red, let alone red on red on red. Frankly, I'm embarrassed by these.

The worst part is the terrible screenprinted numbers that don't even know whether they are white, gray, silver, or black.

I'm embarrassed too. Last year's design was at least reasonably good although certainly not a home run; this year's and 2012s have been horrific.

Still by far the best idea I've seen was one posted on this board where someone took our regular red home unis, made zero changes to the design except for replacing almost all of the color red with black. Simple, clean, and very cool. In other words, not something that adidas would ever come up with...

you know

you

you don't have to wear them.

you don't.

you know

you

you don't.

You know I'm an alumni who cares that this uniform will essentially represent our whole state for a Saturday afternoon this fall, and it doesn't do justice to how iconic and classic our regular uniform is, nor the success that this program has had and what that success has meant to the state. Sometimes imagery is meaningful.

• Fire 2

you know

you

you don't.

You know I'm an alumni who cares that this uniform will essentially represent our whole state for a Saturday afternoon this fall, and it doesn't do justice to how iconic and classic our regular uniform is, nor the success that this program has had and what that success has meant to the state. Sometimes imagery is meaningful.

i bet you're just a blast at parties.
  • Fire 2

These would be better with black pants with red strips...but they are still improving year to year.

I hate black pants paired with red jerseys. It's a terrible look. The pants are best if they are the same color or a "lighter" color than the jersey

I don't pretend to know stuff about graphic design, but I have seen red on red work never.

Black pants. White pants, whatever. Don't use red on red.