2014 Alternate Unis?

Redux

Why oh why do we seem to struggle so with these alternate unis? Is Adidas incapable of coming up with something cool or neat or at least not nauseating? These are worse than the last ones and they weren't good. The only piece of these that I even sort of like is the matte red on the helmet.........but then they went and screwed that up by having the high angled gloss black bit on the back. I'll have to watch my alcohol consumption on Saturday because these things already have my stomach on edge.

You know, I have had a revelation on alternates.

I used to complain at the mere notion of an alternate jersey. I said, "Our uniform is classic, it stands for something." However, then we started to participate in these types of shenanigans. I kind of like it!

Anything to get the kids pumped up really. I care a lot more about the kids playing than I do about the opinion of us old people. One time a year is absolutely fine with me, maybe even twice. I just hope that if we ever get back to a National Championship game, that we wear our classic uniforms. I would hate to not pay homage to those great teams before that have been there.

Why oh why do we seem to struggle so with these alternate unis? Is Adidas incapable of coming up with something cool or neat or at least not nauseating? These are worse than the last ones and they weren't good. The only piece of these that I even sort of like is the matte red on the helmet.........but then they went and screwed that up by having the high angled gloss black bit on the back. I'll have to watch my alcohol consumption on Saturday because these things already have my stomach on edge.

Why do we struggle? We struggle because Adidas has to make sure they make the old guys happy and still appeal to the players. Then you get this mashed up hodge podge of a jersey.

BTW, it really isn't that bad. It is really growing on me.

• Fire 1

I don't mind it. I'm sure it's fun for the kids. Our uni's so traditional and classic it's not like anyone's gonna forget what we look like if we do this once a year. I'd prefer if we'd do something a little more zany. I'm one of those that actually likes the corn helmets. It would be hilarious if we actually did that. It'd sort of parody (dunno if that's the right word) all of those clips we've had to endure over the years showing corn fields during games.

you know

you

you don't have to wear them.

you don't.

You know I'm an alumni who cares that this uniform will essentially represent our whole state for a Saturday afternoon this fall, and it doesn't do justice to how iconic and classic our regular uniform is, nor the success that this program has had and what that success has meant to the state. Sometimes imagery is meaningful.

You are going to make a great Blue hair in the future Schu.. you already have the bitching and complaining part down.

• Fire 4

Maybe these will look better on the field during the game.......the ones last year did. I'm really not opposed to alternates. I just wish they would do a better job with them. Hell, go way overboard with them. I like what Oklahoma State has done, Oregon, Navy, and some others. I just think Adidas is stuck in a rut, they tend to look like some sort of throwback youth pajamas or something. I could handle some matte colors on the helmet, blacks, grays, silvers, golds, heck even some full color corn or something but, these aren't doing it for me......yet anyway.

Maybe these will look better on the field during the game.......the ones last year did. I'm really not opposed to alternates. I just wish they would do a better job with them. Hell, go way overboard with them. I like what Oklahoma State has done, Oregon, Navy, and some others. I just think Adidas is stuck in a rut, they tend to look like some sort of throwback youth pajamas or something. I could handle some matte colors on the helmet, blacks, grays, silvers, golds, heck even some full color corn or something but, these aren't doing it for me......yet anyway.

The bolded all exist on this uniform. Along with RED!

The bolded all exist on this uniform. Along with RED!

I'm not saying everyone should dislike them. It's just a personal taste thing when it comes to liking or disliking the colors/design/mixture on a uniform. Some people like em and that's fine by me. I just think they could be much better. I guess the imortant thing is if the players and potential recruits like them. Grumpy old bastards like me will get over it for one game per year.