Players leaving rumor

@Sean_Callahan: Running back Imani Cross said he fully intends on returning to Nebraska next season. #huskers

Just the fact that he needs to be asked about this shows how far these rumors go. It's getting ridiculous and the morons responsible for it need to knock it off.

Reporter: "Imani, there are some discouraging rumors out there, are you thinking of transferring."

Imani: "No, absolutely not."

Reporter: "OK! Great, thanks."

(Total time elapsed: 44 seconds)

Imani: "Man coach, it's not exactly fun answering all these questions about my future"

Ron Brown: "it's really not a big deal son. You're a special player and people are just worried that they won't get to see you reach the levels both you, I and they know you can reach. It's a good thing"

Imani: "Oh. OK, thanks."

(Total time elapsed: 1 minute)

(Sum total time spent on topic: 1 minute, 44 seconds)

-done correctly, this isn't a big deal. I'm more worried it's not done that way on the coaching staff. I'm less worried about Brown than other people on the staff though.

• Fire 4

Reporter: "Imani, there are some discouraging rumors out there, are you thinking of transferring."

Times 30-40 reporters over a few weeks.

Kinda curious how you think 40 reporters cover Nebraska football on a day to day basis. And with Twitter, it's not neccesary.

Corrected: Imani goes to a website called huskerboard.com and sees a post by a poster named NUpolo8

Imani: "Man, this guy is a bag of tools...hey guys, come check out this toolbag thinking he knows what's going on with our team and coaches!!!"

Total elapsed time 30 seconds depending on choice of web browser...and we know Imani is smarter than most people so he uses Chrome which means it was actually 20 seconds.

Imani banned for personal attack

Total time elapsed before Knapp busted him. 2 minutes, 17 seconds - only because he was busy cleaning up a separate devnet mess in recruiting.

@Sean_Callahan: Running back Imani Cross said he fully intends on returning to Nebraska next season. #huskers

Just the fact that he needs to be asked about this shows how far these rumors go. It's getting ridiculous and the morons responsible for it need to knock it off.

Imani: "Man coach, it's not exactly fun answering all these questions about my future"

Ron Brown: "it's really not a big deal son. You're a special player and people are just worried that they won't get to see you reach the levels both you, I and they know you can reach. It's a good thing"

-done correctly, this isn't a big deal. I'm more worried it's not done that way on the coaching staff. I'm less worried about Brown than other people on the staff though.

Corrected: Imani goes to a website called huskerboard.com and sees a post by a poster named NUpolo8

Imani: "Man, this guy is a bag of tools...hey guys, come check out this toolbag thinking he knows what's going on with our team and coaches!!!"

Total elapsed time 30 seconds depending on choice of web browser...and we know Imani is smarter than most people so he uses Chrome which means it was actually 20 seconds.

If Imani wants to call me a tool for a post where I complimented him, I guess that's his right.

If you're calling me a tool, I guess I'll have to add my "Husker history" to my resume on file in my office and send it to you so I can be sure I qualify to be able to give my opinion. Because that's what that was. My opinion, I didn't put any "insider" knowledge there. I denote those posts with the appropriate fanfare or stick to PM's.

You understand.

Mod: (Sees right through the smoke screen that devnet is trying to put up and sees a personal attack)

Don't care if you try to cover it up as "Imani" saying it or not. It's a personal attack regardless...............knock it off.

Mod: (Sees right through the smoke screen that devnet is trying to put up and sees a personal attack)

Don't care if you try to cover it up as "Imani" saying it or not. It's a personal attack regardless...............knock it off.

Actually, you should care...and it's not a personal attack. This was a tongue in cheek post from a players point of view...I figured it was fair to use the players point of view versus the players point of view that I was quoting...mainly to show how ridiculous it is for us to assume we know any of the things that happen behind closed doors.

Sorry that you took it this way guys...it was supposed to be absolutely silly and ironic.

I'm guessing that the best course of action over this would be to simply drop it.

Or not. What do I know? :lol:

Actually, you should care...and it's not a personal attack. This was a tongue in cheek post from a players point of view...I figured it was fair to use the players point of view versus the players point of view that I was quoting...mainly to show how ridiculous it is for us to assume we know any of the things that happen behind closed doors.

Sorry that you took it this way guys...it was supposed to be absolutely silly and ironic.

Uh, right.

I'm guessing that the best course of action over this would be to simply drop it.

Or not. What do I know? :lol:

consider it dropped...but I had to at the very least inform of no ill intent. I mean, that's only fair right? Tongue in Cheek posts/speech are supposed to be outlandish and ironic...I think I nailed it and I have a 4 year English Lit degree that says I did too :)

Like I said, dropped as of now.

giphy.gif

• Fire 1

I could see cross leaving, every other year we usually have a HB transfer out. We are 5-6 deep at HB and we only really use one back ever and with ameer probably returning I'm sure he will get 98% percent of the carries. That's one thing that's always pissed me off about this staff is how we manage our running backs. Not to mention Lorenzo Stewart coming in next year. If I was cross and newby I would leave if I ever wanted to actually get some carries