Dirk Chatelain...Huskers=Cowboys

funhusker

Dirk isn't fabricating stats. He's pointing out flaws in the team.

Chatelain can write whatever he wants. Those who are interested can read it. We've had a disappointing season.....what a news flash.

The timing of the article comparing the two teams may have been based moreso on the finale of the Cowboys season, and not so much the end of Nebraska's. Our season has not ended yet, and though disappointing, a marginal victory in this bowl game could leave us with some positive vibes.

^^^^

and he isn't even using correct stats....

HE'S NOT?!

No, he isn't. That is the reason I started this thread, I obviously wasn't clear. I didn't start the thread because he called the Huskers stuck on "not good enough", or that he compared them to the Cowboys. I also had higher hopes for this season and agree that it was a wasted opportunity for many reasons: coaches, injuries, players, etc...

However, Dirk says Bo is coaching for his 6th straight 9 win season, that is a flat out misrepresentation of the facts. Bo Pelini has had more 10 win seasons in his first 5 years as a coach than 9 win seasons. He has coached in championship games in half of his seasons here. Dirk CAN write whatever he wants, it's just sad that he chooses to.

Bo Pelini has had more 10 win seasons in his first 5 years as a coach than 9 win seasons. He has coached in championship games in half of his seasons here. Dirk CAN write whatever he wants, it's just sad that he chooses to.

Agreed.....and again, while I didn't read this whole article by Chatelain, I could care less about comparing Nebraska to a .500 NFL team. Pelini has around a .700 winning percentage. I think this article by Feit is pretty good as far as taking a helicopter view of the program over the past 40 ish years.......including competition and rule changes..........http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/content.php?592-Does-Nine-Wins-Matter

^^^^

HE'S NOT?!

No, he isn't.  That is the reason I started this thread, I obviously wasn't clear.  I didn't start the thread because he called the Huskers stuck on "not good enough", or that he compared them to the Cowboys.  I also had higher hopes for this season and agree that it was a wasted opportunity for many reasons: coaches, injuries, players, etc...

However, Dirk says Bo is coaching for his 6th straight 9 win season, that is a flat out misrepresentation of the facts.  Bo Pelini has had more 10 win seasons in his first 5 years as a coach than 9 win seasons.  He has coached in championship games in half of his seasons here.  Dirk CAN write whatever he wants, it's just sad that he chooses to.

I've been a Husker fan for half my life, and a Cowboy fan all my life. I've made these same comparisons. However, for Dirk to use "9 win seasons" as a mark here is dishonest. I know his job is to stir the pot, but he's using a broken stick to stir it. It cements his status as a hack with an axe to grind in my opinion.

^^^^

HE'S NOT?!

No, he isn't. That is the reason I started this thread, I obviously wasn't clear. I didn't start the thread because he called the Huskers stuck on "not good enough", or that he compared them to the Cowboys. I also had higher hopes for this season and agree that it was a wasted opportunity for many reasons: coaches, injuries, players, etc...

However, Dirk says Bo is coaching for his 6th straight 9 win season, that is a flat out misrepresentation of the facts. Bo Pelini has had more 10 win seasons in his first 5 years as a coach than 9 win seasons. He has coached in championship games in half of his seasons here. Dirk CAN write whatever he wants, it's just sad that he chooses to.

So, in your mind, "misrepresenting facts" means using correct statistics but omitting other correct ones? What do you want the guy to do, mention that Bo has only won one career game in red jerseys on grass in every article just for clarity?

NUpolo has been dead-on this entire thread. If you don't like the content of Dirk's articles then you probably are just too afraid to admit where the problem really is.

^^^^

HE'S NOT?!

So, in your mind, "misrepresenting facts" means using correct statistics but omitting other correct ones? What do you want the guy to do, mention that Bo has only won one career game in red jerseys on grass in every article just for clarity?

NUpolo has been dead-on this entire thread. If you don't like the content of Dirk's articles then you probably are just too afraid to admit where the problem really is.

:dunno

He didn't "omit" anything. He purposely "used" falsehoods. In the third paragraph he wrote "[Pelini] is coaching for a sixth straight 9 win, 4 loss season". That is factually incorrect.

Nupolo has also repeatedly missed that point...

^^^^

HE'S NOT?!

:dunno

He didn't "omit" anything. He purposely "used" falsehoods. In the third paragraph he wrote "[Pelini] is coaching for a sixth straight 9 win, 4 loss season". That is factually incorrect.

Nupolo has also repeatedly missed that point...

I don't miss anything.

If he had said "Bo is coaching for his six 9+ win season..." You'd be fine with the article? Is that that you're saying?

You're seriously missing the point of this article if you can't get past that.

• Fire 3

>> Garrett is 47, Pelini 46. Each is a first-time head coach. They have very different personalities, but each appears worn down by a larger force. For Garrett, it’s Jerry Jones. For Pelini, it’s the Nebraska fan base.

I found this funny because Pelini would probably have a stoke if he had to deal with the fans and media of a large market NFL team like Dallas - as a head coach. I don't think he realizes just how easy he has it.

>> Garrett is 47, Pelini 46. Each is a first-time head coach. They have very different personalities, but each appears worn down by a larger force. For Garrett, it’s Jerry Jones. For Pelini, it’s the Nebraska fan base.

I found this funny because Pelini would probably have a stoke if he had to deal with the fans and media of a large market NFL team like Dallas - as a head coach. I don't think he realizes just how easy he has it.

Well lookie what the wind blew in.....

I don't miss anything.

If he had said "Bo is coaching for his six 9+ win season..." You'd be fine with the article? Is that that you're saying?

You're seriously missing the point of this article if you can't get past that.

You obviously miss some things,like the point of my original post....

Because it took you until now to realize that that, in fact, is my only problem with the article. I agree that the Huskers are hanging right at the edge. But to short the program wins is pathetic. How bout we just call it like it is and say Bo is coaching for his 7th straight 1 win season...Would that be incorrect???

I really hope I'm not the only person sick and tired of "your posts"....