Lets see if the brass supports the coach and team.

I've strongly been considering ditching cable this past month as well. I just don't watch any NFL games anymore, no NBA, very little baseball, nothing. The only thing I would miss is having ready access to live college football. Basically, if I can figure out a way around that, cable is GONE, and I won't miss it.

Same boat here. There are other ways to get the few TV shows that I watch, and I can set up a proxy and get around the MLB blackouts for streaming. But for CFB I'm screwed. Guess it means I'm stuck with cable and my kids watching Bubble Guppies and Jake and the Neverland pirates. :/

I've setup an antenna. I get a few games each Sat. and Sun. It was hard to adjust to at first, but I quickly started finding other things to do with my time - like actually throwing a football around with my son. I thought it would drive me crazy to see only a small selection of games, but by the end of September I wasn't missing it.

I'm in FL, so most the games I can watch of NU are on BTN or the ESPN mirrors. My oldest is 3, and he's already a husker die hard (I did name him Lincoln afterall), so not watching games isn't in the cards for us. Even my Florida girl wife is a husker fan now.

If you're only interested in NU and can wait a few days, then order the season on DVD. Otherwise, you're pretty much stuck with paying for cable/satellite.

If the BTN offered an online subscription option, I'd be really, really tempted. But that doesn't look likely for the foreseeable future.

I don't wanna pay for crappy SD footage. :P Plus, I keep HD copies of each game. We also watch alot of CFB too. It's our favorite sport by a large margin.

ESPN needs story lines, simple as that. They need drama. They get watched/talked about more if you are doing sensationalist pieces highlighting three-year old sideline antics and two-year old audio tapes than they will about updates on how well Jack Hoffman is doing and the nice things Bo has said/done. Sad as it may be, that is American "journalism."

I'm hoping that ESPN will wise up and see that people are ditching cable because they can't watch what they want to watch and it's so expensive.

My daughter lives in Kansas City, Mo. where Google is piloting their new Google fiber. I'm hoping that this will catch on because it will cause more competition in the marketplace and not only reduce the price of cable BUT perhaps allow people to finally CHOOSE what they want to watch. I was able to watch the Tour de France last summer, commercial free, for like $25 bucks on NBC online. It was great. I just hooked my computer up to our tv. I see that happening in the future. I would subscribe to BTN or even ESPN in a heartbeat if they had that option.

I live in central Nebraska and sometimes wish I lived out of state to get away from negative fans.

Exactly, and do you see that changing? Outside of a 12-13 win season (winning cures everything, but we all know is a huge stretch of imagination) - this fan base is going to be divided for a LONG, LONG time. The impact it will have on this program could last for decades.

I think the point that a lot of us are missing regarding Kchusker_chris' posts is illustrated in the first 5 minutes of the game broadcast. The FIRST thing said about nebraska was a lengthy dialogue explaining "Bo's" rediculous season. sure, they talked about the up and down year but Bo was THE story. What I think a lot of people are missing is that yes, we all know about all that stuff and have justified it somehow. Chris' point, i think, is that the casual fan who flips on the TV to watch a good game on New Year's Day has to be brought up to speed regarding the antics of Nebraska's coach. It shouldnt have to be like that, but it is.

I too wish I could just watch the Huskers and not have to hear about Bo's season of antics. That being said, i'm glad they won and hopefully he can break through next year. I just tire of the Bo story line. I don't see it as media agenda, just low hanging fruit if you will.

Nobody missed that point.

I think it's a farther leap for you to believe that Bo will NEVER win a championship.

I have history on my side. Doesn't mean that it's impossible . . . but if you know of a better predictor of future success than past results we need to talk. I'd like to hire you to manage my money.

Interesting that you used money management in your illustration. I believe there is a certain disclaimer on stock investments....

That's exactly why I mentioned it. That famous disclaimer says that future results aren't guaranteed.

I live in central Nebraska and sometimes wish I lived out of state to get away from negative fans.

Exactly, and do you see that changing? Outside of a 12-13 win season (winning cures everything, but we all know is a huge stretch of imagination) - this fan base is going to be divided for a LONG, LONG time. The impact it will have on this program could last for decades.

I think the point that a lot of us are missing regarding Kchusker_chris' posts is illustrated in the first 5 minutes of the game broadcast. The FIRST thing said about nebraska was a lengthy dialogue explaining "Bo's" rediculous season. sure, they talked about the up and down year but Bo was THE story. What I think a lot of people are missing is that yes, we all know about all that stuff and have justified it somehow. Chris' point, i think, is that the casual fan who flips on the TV to watch a good game on New Year's Day has to be brought up to speed regarding the antics of Nebraska's coach. It shouldnt have to be like that, but it is.

I too wish I could just watch the Huskers and not have to hear about Bo's season of antics. That being said, i'm glad they won and hopefully he can break through next year. I just tire of the Bo story line. I don't see it as media agenda, just low hanging fruit if you will.

ok. i guess the media just has an agenda against nebraska and poor ol Bo and it doesn't matter because KSU and Mizzou fans are just jealous and do not like Nebraska. No here says anything like that.

If you don't think they've got a camera trained on Bo for the specific purpose of trying to get those moments after the TV gold he gave them in the 2010 A&M game, I'm not going to try to change your opinion.

The question is: do you think they shouldn't have a camera on Bo, precisely because of the way he's known to react?

Does it upset you when they capture other coaches flipping out?

Do you say "hey, I don't need to see Saban chewing out a player or ref, give the man his privacy!"

Do you find this unique to ESPN?

We've done this before, so I too don't expect to change your mind.

Even though I'm right.

ok. i guess the media just has an agenda against nebraska and poor ol Bo and it doesn't matter because KSU and Mizzou fans are just jealous and do not like Nebraska. No here says anything like that.

Read this and tell me this article by espn isn't biased.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=340010061

• Fire 3

If you don't think they've got a camera trained on Bo for the specific purpose of trying to get those moments after the TV gold he gave them in the 2010 A&M game, I'm not going to try to change your opinion.

The question is: do you think they shouldn't have a camera on Bo, precisely because of the way he's known to react?

Does it upset you when they capture other coaches flipping out?

Do you say "hey, I don't need to see Saban chewing out a player or ref, give the man his privacy!"

Do you find this unique to ESPN?

We've done this before, so I too don't expect to change your mind.

Even though I'm right.

Do they start the broadcast talking about how Saban hit AJ McCarron on the sidelines 2-3 seasons ago, or how he berates the media when he's mad, or runs a meatshop and is the king of oversigning?

Why care so much about what others say? I think these people who portray Bo always in a poor light have an agenda. They want to see us fail. Period.

Actually no, these particular few don't want to see us fail. I'm sure many do and love the way things are going for the Huskers right now. Nothing wrong w/ that, I feel that way about a few programs.

I care what these people, and some others think...because that is a huge part of my experience as a fan. To me, college football goes beyond the 3 hours they play on Saturday. I don't have kids, or any of that stuff. I work, then hang out with a bunch of buddies at the bar 4 or 5 times a week. The topic is largely dominated by college football for 6-7 months out of the year. There's maybe 20-30 of us in total, and 6-8 there any given day. A few Husker fans, mostly Mizzou/KU/K-State. An Iowa fan, Ohio Stater. Got a North Dakota State guy in the group even. When you look at your experience as a fan, everyone is different. To many that is going to the game on Saturdays, or drinking at a college tailgate, or even settling into the couch with your son/daughter, etc. Your perception of the program is largely dictated by those experiences you have while being that engaged fan. To me, a large part of that is the bullsh!++!ng with friends at the bar and on the golf course. And that's a dialog that has drastically changed negative in the last couple of years, more so this year than any other. Even as I defended Bo and the program, tried to spill some kool-aid, the perception was slowing turning negative. It's getting louder and louder, and that sucks.

Like I said, your experiences may be very different than mine and likely are. But that's a major thing for me, and it's gotten to the point where it's tough to swallow year after year.