Georgia going after Gregory

For Randle it's never been a question of ability, it's mostly been a question of health. He had a lot of time to get healthy for this game and did his damnedest to go out with a bang, and he did. Had he been able to stay healthy throughout his career here he'd be talked about in the same vein as Crick. Damned solid player, with occasional game-changing ability.

He did have time to heal, but I don't think he was all that healthy. He went down twice in the game having the trainers come look at him. He may have started the game feeling better, but his injuries seem to be the ones you never really recover from. I would say he played this game the same as he has all the other ones and that is somewhere around 70%-80%.

I credit him for his great play and wish he would not have had the injuries, but that is that, only wishing.

They doubled him nearly every play by design, and the way it sounds whenever possible they had a body on him at the end of the play.

Didn't work out too well for them.

Watch the play where he got his sack. Weakest attempt to take his legs out I've ever seen.

"He's as close to a SEC player as they have."

Link?

>> Mason also mentioned D-end Randy Gregory. Tight end Arthur Lynch had this to say about Nebraska’s 6-foot-6, 240-pound sophomore pass rusher: “Gregory’s about as close as you can get to an SEC defensive end,” Lynch said.

http://sports.omaha....e/#.UsWe_fuzTnE

before the game

That's quite a ways from saying Nebraska doesn't have any SEC caliber players.

They were definetly going after Gregory. Trying to get in his head and stuff.

The were pushing and shoving him after almost every play early on.

That's when our toughest little mosquito had enough. Josh Mitchell basically came right back at them and put a stop to that bullsh#t. He got right up in Gurley and the the linemans face, and stuck up for his teammate. It got everyone fired up on D and brought us together.

With the short crossing routes, quick throws to the TE, and a big portion of Georgia's game going to the ground with Girly, I'm not surprised a pass rusher or any pass rusher for that matter would not have a great day. It didn't seem to me they tried going downfield too much and generall got rid of the ball fairly quickly. Except of course for when we did our four man pretty princess patty cake patty cake pressure package. Well then they were having lunch back there.

They doubled him nearly every play by design, and the way it sounds whenever possible they had a body on him at the end of the play.

Didn't work out too well for them.

Watch the play where he got his sack. Weakest attempt to take his legs out I've ever seen.

Gregory's sack was actually the QB's fault. It was a 3 step drop and he didn't throw the ball. OT's nearly always cut on 3 step drops.

If anything, I would say Thad, Andrew Green, Mitchell, and Rose all stepped up big time. The four looked a lot better than they did throughout the year.

Green looked great. Read that cross on the early 4th down pretty good. I'd say Rose actually had one of his worst games. He was beat across the middle all day long. Looked a step slow for some reason.

And Mitchell w/ the INT and fumble recovery was great. But he wasn't that good in coverage. Never been impressed w/ Mitchell though. I though SJB was made to look silly a few times as well. He had a rough final game. And I'm pretty sure I saw him throw a punch in the Gregory scuffle.