Two fantastic catches, but you can only choose one.

knapplc

Two Passes Enter, One Pass Leaves  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nebraska, long a running school, generated not one but two passing TDs for the ages this year. Which one did you appreciate more?

Both were bombs.

Both went for TDs.

Both were the game-winning score.

Both were tremendously exciting.

Both involved a Senior and a Freshman.

Oddly, each play came from a different combination of QB/WR.

Which one did you like most? Why? Was one "better" than the other?

EDIT - forgot to include videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxF8iZ00uXw

Went with Kellog/Westerkamp because it was win or lose right there.  It would have been possible for the rest of the Gator Bowl to play out differently and we find a different way to win without that one.  

Wouldn't trade either of them, though.

FIFY. Same vote for the same reason. Of course, if the only way to have won against Georgia was that pass to Enuwa, then I would have to change my vote. A bowl win is more important.
  • Fire 1

As good as the Armstrong/Enunwa play was, and the fact that it was a planned play that Beck pulled out of his backside when no one (including all Husker fans) thought we were capable of it, I still have to go with the Kellogg/Westerkamp catch because that loss would have knocked us out of the position we ended up in and probably would have caused a meltdown of the remaining games. Besides, I was at the NW game and seen it live so it will be with me till I am dirt.

Kenny Bell ....

You're trying too hard again.

Personally I'd say the Kellogg to Westerkamp catch was just a bit better. Both were damn cool though. Just the fact that the Westerkatch was a final seconds hail Mary long bomb that was caught off the tip, that puts it over the top for me.

• Fire 1

Love both, but the sheer craziness and change in emotion I felt on the Hail Mary is why I chose that. Season on the line, possibility of going 7-5 instead of 8-4, every fan wanting Pelini gone, losing to a terrible NW, and then boom Hail Mary.

• Fire 1

Loved both but picked Tommy's throw to Quincy because we were playing an SEC team. The other was fun and exciting but we were playing a team we should've been able to beat within our own conference. The win over Georgia was considered an 'upset' and was such a shot in the arm for the 2014 season.

(I pick the Westerstache catch as best in 2013 and the Tommy to Quincy throw the best in 2014 (so far! lol)

I went with the Northwestern catch as well, and purely because it was more dramatic. To me, it does seem like it was more "lucky" than the catch against Georgia, one of those things that just goes right, whereas the Georgia catch was more truly indicative of our team's skills.

Longest TD in bowl history for win over SEC team > Hail Mary to beat Northwestern

/ edit: IMO.

agreed. and the hail mary, although more exciting, was mostly luck. so, i gave the nod to the ta to enunwa connection because it was just a beautiful play extremely well executed; and i loved the play call. just brilliant.

• Fire 1