I don't really have a problem with this call, as I believe that technically it was correct.

The only thing that pisses me off about it is that play is not called consistently throughout the game. In other words, the clock does not stop the instant the ball hits the ground (or railing...) after an incomplete pass for the other 59:59.9 of the game (and nor should it, that would be a horrendous waste of time). It's commonplace for at least another second or two to run off the clock after every such incomplete pass, so, to me, it was a little galling for them to actually review that call with that type of precision in that circumstance.

That said, I do think it was technically correct. Amazingly awful luck, yes, but technically the correct call.

As an aside, if the roles were reversed and we were driving for the game-winning score, do you think that extra second gets put back on the clock?

They put 1 second back on 20 years and 6 days ago to give Byron Bennett that one last chance too. There wasnt even replay review then either. But he missed, so no one gives a sh#t about that I guess.

Kind of funny that we all forgot about that one. Had Alex Henrey been on that Husker team.... well, we would have won the NC. How that would have changed history as it relates to the motivation level to win our other titles... we will never know.

They put 1 second back on 20 years and 6 days ago to give Byron Bennett that one last chance too. There wasnt even replay review then either. But he missed, so no one gives a sh#t about that I guess.

Kind of funny that we all forgot about that one. Had Alex Henrey been on that Husker team.... well, we would have won the NC. How that would have changed history as it relates to the motivation level to win our other titles... we will never know.

Bowl game: January 1, 1994

Alex Henery born on August 18, 1987

Not sure how far a six year old could kick a ball, but what ever. . .