Ameer is coming back for Sr. Year

Doesn't surprise me at all. Bo really pushes the importance of education on these kids.

Some college athletes state they are coming back to help their team get to a championship game, and then there are some college athletes that state they are returning to finish their education. It's nice to see that education is more important at UNL than football championships. It sends the right message to parents that their kids are not tools in a sports game, but rather young men and women who are getting a college education.

This makes me want to can Beck even more now. Ameer should be in the Heisman running next year, but I get a sick feeling Beck will get all goofy with his play calling and somehow screw Ameer out of some stats.

Kind of a bizarre way to look at it. Ameer IS in the Heisman running for next year. He was trusted to take the load when Burkhead went down his Sophomore year. He had one of the best rushing seasons in Husker history his Junior year. All this as the featured back in Tim Beck's offense. What's the point of pooping on Beck, here?

But a word of warning: if you announce your intention to run your Heisman candidate ragged in pursuit of awesome stats, you make an opposing defense's job a lot easier.

A more confident Tommy Armstrong running and passing might shave off a few Ameer carries. Ideally you want a few more carries for the next season's running backs, too. A passing game will actually help Ameer. He seems like the kind of guy who prefers winning to guady stats. Hope he gets both, but he could have an awesome 1,2000 yard rushing season next year, too. Maybe more receptions and more TDs. No OC on Earth would "screw" a player who is helping him win.

I'll be in the minority here, but i really wanted to see what the other 3backs would do next . Fumbleitis aside, i really like Ameer, he's a great character guy, good leader, hard worker, but i think he's making a huge mistake coming back. It's a selfless move that i hope works out for the best.

Doing something selflessly is never a mistake, in my opinion.

This makes me want to can Beck even more now. Ameer should be in the Heisman running next year, but I get a sick feeling Beck will get all goofy with his play calling and somehow screw Ameer out of some stats.

This makes 0% sense.

Especially when you consider everyone crticizing Beck for using Rex TOO MUCH in 2011, running him into the ground - Rex had 284 carries that year.

Guess how many Ameer had this year?

I'll be in the minority here, but i really wanted to see what the other 3backs would do next . Fumbleitis aside, i really like Ameer, he's a great character guy, good leader, hard worker, but i think he's making a huge mistake coming back. It's a selfless move that i hope works out for the best.

Doing something selflessly is never a mistake, in my opinion.

This makes 0% sense.

Especially when you consider everyone crticizing Beck for using Rex TOO MUCH in 2011, running him into the ground - Rex had 284 carries that year.

Guess how many Ameer had this year?

I retract my previous statement.

What I was trying to get across is I just don't think Tim Beck is the best we could do at OC. I feel like a more skilled OC could develop a more balanced offense overall that would play to its strengths more and wouldn't have so many head scratching play calls in the name of being multiple. But, I guess it's his job to lose, and he's done OK since he's been here. I think we could do better, but unless you're name is Frank Solich, you're usually not fired for doing above average to good. We shall see how next season goes.

Just glad to be along for the ride.

Nice Huskers Illustrated article on AA:

Despite weighing a “really high” projection from the NFL Draft Advisory Board, Abdullah said the statement, wrote itself. He wanted to be the ninth person in his family to earn a college degree and finish his experience at Nebraska.

“Honestly, it didn't take me that long because it came from my heart and what I felt was right,” Abdullah said of the statement. “Any time you're speaking from your heart it's going to be well put together. Instead of me just saying, 'I'm coming back,' I really wanted people to understand why and why it's important to me and why this is necessary me for the next step in my life.”

Abdullah said he had made a final decision a few days before releasing his statement. Abdullah said he weighed a variety of factors, including his draft projection, as well as leaning on his brother Muhammad, an attorney in Birmingham, Ala., for advice. Abdullah said he also talked regularly with head coach Bo Pelini and running back coach Ron Brown.

Abdullah was asked if he would have returned if he had gotten a first or second round grade, he declined to get into specifics and where he was projected.

“It was very high,” Abdullah said smiling. “It was right around that ballpark.”