New sound system, WiFi potentially on tap for Memorial Stadium

Robin Washut@RobinWashut 1m

You know the guy who runs the music at Pinnacle Bank Arena? He's @chrispank, and he'll now be handling the music for football this season.

I really hope he drops some DMX because hearing that on BTN makes me laugh every time.

I was a pretty big fan of "Let me clear my throat" coming on amid the floor rush celebraish last night.

Yeah that was pretty sick. I'll say it again, BRING IT BACK FOR THE FORTH QUARTER!

I like when they play the back beat to Dre, can't remember if it's "still D.R.E" or "Next Episode". I just wish they had the cojones to play it with the lyrics.

whatever they are doing the vault, they are doing it right. that place has ridiculous energy and looks like a blast to be a part of. i would like to see memorial try to create some more energy, especially with music selection.

Sound system is pretty thumpin' in The Vault. I was impressed with it at the turdue game. And as a young whippersnapper I was surprised that many of the songs were from the past decade.

Robin Washut@RobinWashut 1m

You know the guy who runs the music at Pinnacle Bank Arena? He's @chrispank, and he'll now be handling the music for football this season.

I really hope he drops some DMX because hearing that on BTN makes me laugh every time.

I was a pretty big fan of "Let me clear my throat" coming on amid the floor rush celebraish last night.

Yeah that was pretty sick. I'll say it again, BRING IT BACK FOR THE FORTH QUARTER!

I like when they play the back beat to Dre, can't remember if it's "still D.R.E" or "Next Episode". I just wish they had the cojones to play it with the lyrics.

If they really had cojones, this would be our coaches anthem.

Kevin Kugler@kevinkugler 15m

@RobinWashut @chrispank I'm excited that he told people that Sirius is done as the tunnel walk music. #cuemikeybo

Wait, what?

I know right? I'm all for upgrading the music selection, but you have to play Sirius for the Tunnel Walk just like you need to play Can You Feel It? leading up to kickoffs.

I don't give a two sh#ts what they play the rest of the game, but it wouldn't be a Husker game without those two songs for me.

You do not have to play Sirius.

In fact it would be a breath of fresh air to see it gone. Compared to music of the last decade and a half it is seriously lacking in energy and drama.

Didn't Eichorst say on a radio show a few months back it was going away?

And it's sad to see it go, but I could see a "hipper" song for the tunnel walk helping.

These kids today, what with their hula hoops and twerking, they'll probably pick a good one.

You do not have to play Sirius.

In fact it would be a breath of fresh air to see it gone. Compared to music of the last decade and a half it is seriously lacking in energy and drama.

Agreed. Used to give me chills back in the day. Does nothing for me anymore.

Kevin Kugler@kevinkugler 15m

@RobinWashut @chrispank I'm excited that he told people that Sirius is done as the tunnel walk music. #cuemikeybo

Wait, what?

I know right? I'm all for upgrading the music selection, but you have to play Sirius for the Tunnel Walk just like you need to play Can You Feel It? leading up to kickoffs.

I don't give a two sh#ts what they play the rest of the game, but it wouldn't be a Husker game without those two songs for me.

They used to play "Start Me Up" during the kickoffs for years but stopped. Point is things change and this intro had a pretty good run for twenty years but it's dated.