New sound system, WiFi potentially on tap for Memorial Stadium

The sound system thing I never understood. Apparently, the university asked fans several years ago about upgrading the sound system, but there wasn't enough support for it. Yet, almost every person I talk to either says they can't hear or they sit right underneath the jumbotron and it's too loud.

IMHO this upgrade is desperately needed and I really hope they actually do it.

Enhance, I think most people wanted it done, but further down on the list behind other things such as the expansion.

I would assume it would have been rather foolish to upgrade the sound system to fit the acoustics, then expand the stadium and alter said acoustics.

One had to be done, then the other, I'm guessing. Either way, it's a good thing.

• Fire 1

While the new sound system is long overdue and will be highly necessary in improving the overall gameday experience, we nee to juice up the atmosphere as well to compliment the music. There was a thread a while back about updating the overall experience of home games, need to revisit that. This is a big step forward though.