New sound system, WiFi potentially on tap for Memorial Stadium

One thing thats always bugged me is the audio being off so much compared to persons mouth talking. I hope that gets fixed to.

Considering C>Mach1, I'm going to guess that will always be a problem the farther south you are. :D

I wish I could find why they don't want to put speakers all around the stadium. I know they had a reason for it when it was discussed before but I don't remember the details.

Im in the north. Its not even close. Its like watching an old kung fu movie. Ive heard its pretty much the same no matter where you are.

I think it may actually be set up for the people around mid field.

$12.3M ???? Not $12.3 thousand but $12.3 million dollars. Freakin' outrageous! Does the stadium really need WiFi ?? I thought football actions in the field..... not smartphone chit-chat and social media meetings.

It's okay to improve sound/speakers but WiFi ? Absolutely not :grr:steam . My guess slush funds (bribery/kickbacks) or US government prime contractor. ;)

Actually the wifi is a cool idea. Since they upgraded some of the cell phone service last year I could actually stream other games on ESPN3 and BTN on my phone inside the stadium with basically HD quality.

$12.3M ???? Not $12.3 thousand but $12.3 million dollars. Freakin' outrageous! Does the stadium really need WiFi ?? I thought football actions in the field..... not smartphone chit-chat and social media meetings.

It's okay to improve sound/speakers but WiFi ? Absolutely not :grr:steam . My guess slush funds (bribery/kickbacks) or US government prime contractor. ;)

Actually the wifi is a cool idea. Since they upgraded some of the cell phone service last year I could actually stream other games on ESPN3 and BTN on my phone inside the stadium with basically HD quality.

Hell, i could barely get service inside the stadium. What carrier do you have? I have verizon.

Hell, i could barely get service inside the stadium. What carrier do you have? I have verizon.

I have Verizon as well. I could barely send a txt but video streaming was perfect. The first game or two wasn't very good, but from about Illinois on it was pretty decent.

The money goes for more than wifi and speakers. The article already linked in this thread mentioned that they are also building a series of apps to integrate the entire gameday experience. If they spend less than 1 million on those I would be surprised. Getting one app built, debugged, professionally polished(graphical), and the hardware to support it in their timeline will require a large team. It sounds like they are trying for a few of them and will involve some complicated stuff. Complicated is doable but will always cost more for the same timeline.

• Fire 1

I'll just ask nicely. Can you please leave and find another board. The act is getting old. Wifi will add to the much complained about fan experience. One of the big complaints now from fans is not being able to access phone and internet/browser.

Geez...are you serious? Simply MY opinion. And the last sentence was a sarcasm joke (slush funds etc etc etc).

http://forum.huskerm...eakers-and-wifi (member of HuskerMAX, used to be Huskerpedia)

$12.3M was way too high for me, again IMO.

Then you probably shouldn't pay it

367337ecd8f43b2c43ea6b6c3ac93464f3aff72913136c71cbc6d1018709c93e.jpg

• Fire 1

I'm all for the upgraded sound system. And I use Wi-Fi all the time. That said, I think Wi-Fi is a terrible idea. Why, you ask? We've already got all the blue-hairs sitting on their hands or discussing who won at Bingo the night before, but with Wi-Fi now we'll have this:

Before Wi-Fi:

cheeringgirls.gif

After Wi-Fi:

Jx2MW3f.jpg

I understand using it during halftime or between quarters, but there's no way you can convince me that a LOT of fans, especially students, will start paying more attention to their phones and less attention to the game. Memorial Stadium already gets too quiet too much. Don't really think there needs to be another distraction from cheering on the Huskers.

I'm all for the upgraded sound system. And I use Wi-Fi all the time. That said, I think Wi-Fi is a terrible idea. Why, you ask? We've already got all the blue-hairs sitting on their hands or discussing who won at Bingo the night before, but with Wi-Fi now we'll have this:

Before Wi-Fi:

cheeringgirls.gif

After Wi-Fi:

Jx2MW3f.jpg

I understand using it during halftime or between quarters, but there's no way you can convince me that a LOT of fans, especially students, will start paying more attention to their phones and less attention to the game. Memorial Stadium already gets too quiet too much. Don't really think there needs to be another distraction from cheering on the Huskers.

+1 :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

Only minor exception, I enjoyed marching band show during halftime....... unique CFB experience. BTW, I miss cigar odor especially baseball stadiums and acrobatic cheerleaders.