Richard Sherman

Seems there is some back story to these two.

http://tracking.si.c...ight/?eref=sihp

Sherman has been upset with Crabtree since last summer. Both attended Arizona star receiver Larry Fitzgerald’s charity event. While there, Sherman went to shake Crabtree’s hand, and Crabtree tried to start a fight, according to Sherman’s older brother, Branton.

“I’m going to make a play and embarrass him,” Richard Sherman vowed that day.

I like the fact that he just added a LOT of new Broncos fans, if only for one game. Not that he cares, or Seattle fans care, and it probably doesn't affect any part of the result of the Super Bowl. I heard on the Jim Rome show that Crabtree and Sherman met at a charity event, and something happened where Crabtree wanted to fight him there. Oh well, doesn't matter, Denver will light him and Seattle up.

Edit: Haha, Junior beat me to it.

I have no problem with what he said or how he said it. Heat of the moment, things are said and you sometimes don't think.

I get this, but on the other side of the coin, what you say in the heat of the moment is generally a more accurate reflection of what you really think.

Which is why I think it's fine to celebrate passion and that he didn't try filtering himself, but misguided to celebrate someone being so seemingly self-absorbed and lacking all humility.

i think you have to judge the two shermans; the man on the field and the man off the field.

i agree that humility would not hurt and he went overboard yesterday, i just do not think it is that big of a deal. furthermore, i think to play at the level you have to generally adopt a mindset that he possessed during the post-game interview. finally, the post-game interview was moments after a game winning play that he was responsible for that got them to the superbowl. pretty big moment where he was surely flooded with emotion.

i am unabashedly an apologist for him. but, i really do not think what he said was a big deal. obviously it was classless to call out crabtree like that, esp. when sherman just made a great play on the ball that really had nothing to do with crabtree. any receiver could have been back there. but he is arguably the best, so he was not completely wrong.

Love it. That's the kind of attitude that made the blackshirts The Blackshirts. Miss those days. You can't just talk, you have to back it up, and Richard Sherman certainly does.
Wish I could give you more +1s.

Here is alot more 1's for him. 1111111111111111111111111111111111111.

That being said if he played for the Huskers and just made that play to win the National Championship everyone on this board would love him. Guy could play CB for me any day.

Doesn't his rant remind you (and disturb you) that this smacks of WWE?

No, it reminds me of what goes on between the whistles of every football game ever. It just happened to carry over for a brief moment after the final whistle. The horror !

Are NFL players going to hit each other on the sidelines with fake folding chairs?

I'd say it's possible, but very unlikely.

While I probably would not spout off like Sherman did, people who think he is just a horrible human being should probably check themselves. He's a CB who gets set on an island against the best WRs in the game on a weekly basis, and he wins those battles more often than he loses them. He has the right to talk some smack before, during, and after the game as long as he can back it up.

Carry on, Sherman!

I dont mind Sherman. I dont think he needed to yell in EA's face but he didnt curse and basically called out CrabTree who was probably quite vocal all game.

If Crabtree burns him, you are telling me that CT isnt in shermans face?

They are both very competitive... I would love to have a guy like sherman and his emotion on my team... he plays hard and i dont mind the cockyness... just be able to back it up.

And Crab talking about how Sherman only made one play? He made a big play when it counted....

I'm not real receptive of flamboyance or people who call attention to themselves in a team environment, but I really didn't have a problem with Sherman's actions immediately following the game. The adrenaline was still flowing and knowing now about his past with Crabtree, I don't think it was a big deal. In fact, I am actually surprised we don't see a lot more of that type of thing. Not that I want to, but it is what it is.