Husker Volleyball Recruiting Thread

The hits keep on comin' for Cook and his band out at the Devaney Center. Four future Huskers make the U18 12 member USA Volleyball Team. 

From the article: 

The 12-player roster for that event was announced Tuesday and it includes four recruits committed to Nebraska: Bekka Allick (Waverly, Nebraska), Caroline Jurevicius (Gates Mills, Ohio), Harper Murray (Ann Arbor, Michigan) and Bergen Reilly (Sioux Falls, South Dakota).

Allick, who will be a senior at Waverly, committed to Nebraska's 2022 recruiting class before her freshman year of high school.

The other three are all in the 2023 class and committed to Nebraska over the last month. Reilly (ranked No. 14 nationally) announced her commitment July 15, Jurevicius (No. 6) made hers public the next day, and Murray (No. 1) went on July 29.

The U.S. is the defending champion of the U18 World Championship after winning gold for the first time in 2019. That team included current Huskers Lexi Rodriguez, Kennedi Orr and Lindsay Krause. Now it's time for a younger generation of Huskers to compete for the title.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

On 8/7/2021 at 2:24 PM, Mavric said:

Love her drive and being humble. I am only wondering when Coach Cook is retiring. With Tyler being back and as an Associate, I am thinking that Cook will be retiring in the next couple of years. If so. I am hoping the recruits that we are getting won't turn away.    I believe it won't with Tyler's background and experience (especially after this year in the Olympics), but one has to wonder. 

On 7/18/2021 at 9:06 PM, Undertow said:

Curious if Jurevicius was seriously considering Ohio State (2 hour drive from her home) or Penn State (her dad's alma mater). Regardless a good get for the Huskers. 

Andi Jackson is an intriguing pick just by her athletic ability alone. She has an approach jump of 10' 04" as a junior in high school. For comparison, Yosianna Pressley, Baylor's All-American OH (and known for her leaping ability) has an approach jump of 10' 09". Jackson often times has her head AND shoulders above the net on kills. Krause is similar except Lindsay is 2-3" taller. 

I'm surprised they have Batenhorst listed as RS. I thought Lauenstein (another athletic leaper) was going to fill that position. And I hope Lexi also gets a good look at RS. She appears to be extremely efficient over there which would then open the door for Batenhorst / Krause as the other OH with Madi. 

And someone will have to explain the COVID rules as far as eligibility and scholarships are concerned. What I recall is that everyone gets an extra year. So even though Hames and Schwarzenbach are listed as Seniors, they still have two years eligibility remaining. It is the same for everyone until you hit the six member 2021 freshman class. My understanding also is that the 12 headcount limit doesn't apply this fall so the Huskers will have 15 to 16 people on volleyball scholarship.  How long that expansion of the limit lasts.....I have no idea and I'm not sure the NCAA has set out any guidelines past 2021. 

This might answer your question. I don't think this years seniors will be eligible if I read the graph right.

https://www.ncsasports.org/coronavirus-sports/ncaa-eligibility-coronavirus

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

It would be sweet to grab a couple of Wiscy big hitters in the transfer market and maybe Busboom as a Dir of Player ops and an extra setter or middle blocker as well.  We need to poach our opponents’ best to get double benefit.  Lol. 
This year’s team just needed one really over powering hitter/blocker to have a near perfect team talent wise. 

10 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

It would be sweet to grab a couple of Wiscy big hitters in the transfer market and maybe Busboom as a Dir of Player ops and an extra setter or middle blocker as well.  We need to poach our opponents’ best to get double benefit.  Lol. 
This year’s team just needed one really over powering hitter/blocker to have a near perfect team talent wise. 

That would be one heck of a pay cut.