GT: Nebraska at Penn State - 7PM - ESPNU

Perhaps someone can answer me this.........If teams press, they are calculating a risk, IF we break the press and attack the basket with them short -handed. But, if we break the press and allow them to get back in half court D, that (in)action mitigates the risk. Why not press if we're not going to make them pay? Hard for me to understand. Maybe the more astute basketball minds on this board can explain the rationale.

Perhaps someone can answer me this.........If teams press, they are calculating a risk, IF we break the press and attack the basket with them short -handed. But, if we break the press and allow them to get back in half court D, that (in)action mitigates the risk. Why not press if we're not going to make them pay? Hard for me to understand. Maybe the more astute basketball minds on this board can explain the rationale.

Always confuses me as well. There is absolutely no reason NOT to press if the other team isn't going to attack if they beat it.

Had the lead with 2 minutes to go and Biggs turned it over twice. Too much one on one BS by a player who was 3 for 9.

This team is good enough to compete, if they play within the system. That is the biggest issue right now.

On the radio, they were talking bout the fact that we have a group of players who can play basketball but they are all being too selfish and don't understand how to play as a team.

This made me wonder if this is characteristic of a team made up of a lot of transfers? Or, what exactly is the issue?

Had the lead with 2 minutes to go and Biggs turned it over twice. Too much one on one BS by a player who was 3 for 9.

This team is good enough to compete, if they play within the system. That is the biggest issue right now.

On the radio, they were talking bout the fact that we have a group of players who can play basketball but they are all being too selfish and don't understand how to play as a team.

This made me wonder if this is characteristic of a team made up of a lot of transfers? Or, what exactly is the issue?

If I had to guess this would be a part of it. They are also a relatively young team as well. A lot of talent there that needs to learn how to play together and trust their teammates before winning can be a normal thing for these kids.

If I had to guess this would be a part of it. They are also a relatively young team as well. A lot of talent there that needs to learn how to play together and trust their teammates before winning can be a normal thing for these kids.

Thats not the game I saw! We led from start to almost the end and one player who would not pass the ball.

Thats not the game I saw! We led from start to almost the end and one player who would not pass the ball.

I only caught the last 5-10 minutes of the game against PSU. Too much individual ball by biggs down the stretch cost them. Young team and give them time to figure things out. Talent is increasing just need a difference maker in the post to get easy buckets when the guards are struggling.