Advice on my first Husker game

gorp512

Happy offseason,

Looking to come out to Lincoln next year for my first game. Will be staying at my gf's family in Omaha. Was wondering which game would have the highest probability of a great experience (weather, tailgating, play, atmosphere) and would love your input. Was initially thinking Miami or Minnesota. Thoughts??? Thanks!!

First time? Goooooo slooooow. Trust me, you will think that you can fit it all in and that it will last and last but it won't, you will be really excited and the atmosphere will make you want to explode. So, take your time, explore, everything you can, you don't know when you will get this chance again, so take it slow. Then, when you start to get that "feeling" when it is all just building up inside, just let it out.

Then tell her you will call her, but don't. Trust me.

Also, the Miami game would be a good one.

• Fire 3

I would probably say Miami. Although, I had the best experience this last year in the games against UCLA and NW.

During the UCLA game, the place was electric! The energy was so good! Well, until the second half. Despite the outcome, I will always remember how electric the stadium was. I would say watch out for which game will have the "alternate jersey". I know we lost the UCLA game, but still a great experience. Also, the Wiscy game turned out to be a good one. They seem to pick the right game for those "alternate jersey" games. I know we have only had two so far, and I assume they'll do it again. The crowd just seems to get extra pumped before hand.

The NW game is obvious, with the hail mary and all. But even before the hail mary, you could tell the defense was feeding off of the crowds energy and they played lights out when they had to at the end there. After Armstrong threw that pick and gave NW a short field. The crowd got really into it and the defense held them to only a field goal. Which ended up being huge. Anyway, that whole second half, the experience was great!

I honestly, wouldn't go to a "guaranteed win" game. I love seeing us win, but the experience just isn't loud and electric like it is during those close games, or those games that are hyped up. I am not complaining about our lack of loudness, just more of a "we don't need to be loud", because well, we don't. There is just something special in the air for those big games. Either way, I still love going to the games. It only happens 7-8 times a year, and it certainly is something special.