ESPN Top 5 B1G Student Sections

Mavric

I've been on campus tailgating as a student and as an alum since 1994, and it's always been kind of an 'understanding' that as long as you pour beer/alcohol into a cup and drank it that way, it was tolerated. Haven't been to a home game since 2009 though, so maybe all that has changed.

Move the empty upper half of the student section to the south endzone section right next to students, have the students in the bottom two sections and fill up the upper area with season tickets.

Then you have the quite real problem that the people above their section can not see as the students not only stand, but stand on the bleachers.

Put the bluest of the blue hairs behind them. :ahhhhhhhh Combine their bitching with the students volume and you have a pretty intimidating section.

If they served coffee and doughnuts at these 11 a.m. games, the old folks would show up at six and wouldn't get up or shut up til' the game was over or the coffee ran out. Of course, only if it's free refills in the coffee.

Move the empty upper half of the student section to the south endzone section right next to students, have the students in the bottom two sections and fill up the upper area with season tickets.

Then you have the quite real problem that the people above their section can not see as the students not only stand, but stand on the bleachers.

Pretty sure that was one of the reasons they moved them up there to start with, people behind them were complaining.

Have you guys noticed any difference between the students today and the students of 5,10,25 years ago? I hear you all complaining but I think a lot of what you are saying is going on at other schools too like the ESPN article says. I notice it with my alma mater and it's frustrating.

I think we're finally running into the middle of that generation that was completely raised on screens and doesn't give a care for much anything in real life including CFB. Can't get signal in the stadium? The views are better on TV? I just won't go. Those type of kids...

The "I'd rather get drunk" crowd has always been there.

I just cant beleive that with today's technology, the school cant come up with some sort of way of enforcing the privilage of student tickets. If you dont use 'em once, you get a warning. twice, and you lose em and get bumped to the bottom of the waiting list. I know the changes in policy and such that have made it difficult for the tickets to change hands compared to the past, but still, there are a lot of empty spaces at these games lately, and i'll bet there's a ton of UNL students out there who would love to fill em if only they could get a ticket. There's ways to get a grasp on this issue.

I just cant beleive that with today's technology, the school cant come up with some sort of way of enforcing the privilage of student tickets. If you dont use 'em once, you get a warning. twice, and you lose em and get bumped to the bottom of the waiting list. I know the changes in policy and such that have made it difficult for the tickets to change hands compared to the past, but still, there are a lot of empty spaces at these games lately, and i'll bet there's a ton of UNL students out there who would love to fill em if only they could get a ticket. There's ways to get a grasp on this issue.

Sounds like an idea that Putin would come up with! USA USA USA!

No just kidding. I had student tickets and after my first year I sold them most of the time. I kind of get bored in the games, I know that sounds weird to a lot of people but I just do

• 2 weeks later...